Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 223784 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #875
Just found it myself: I modified the biography.cfg file at the end.

"tfArtist": "$if3($meta(artist,0),$meta(album artist,0),$meta(solist,0),$meta(orchestra,0),$meta(choir,0),$meta(conductor,0),$meta(originalartist,0))",
   "tfTitle": "$meta(title,0)",
   "va": "Various"
}

Reply #876
semi-related to the two posts above this one about artist tags, does anyone know what i would need to modify to have the album tag filter out text in parentheses or brackets? a lot of my collection is digitized vinyl/tape where the pressing is noted in the album title, for example "Dark Side of the Moon (UK)" currently comes up with nothing for the description. appreciate any suggestions!

Reply #877
^ You could try enable "Album name auto-clean" setting (in Options > Server Settings tab (blue) > Miscellaneous tab) - description of it is written at the bottom.

Reply #879
^ You could try enable "Album name auto-clean" setting (in Options > Server Settings tab (blue) > Miscellaneous tab) - description of it is written at the bottom.

this definitely seemed like it would be the answer based on its description, thank you! unfortunately i couldn't get it to work even after resetting the cache and forcing updates.

as an experiment i made a new tag field called "album_clean" and manually created a tag for "Meddle" vs "Meddle (German)", went to server settings>title format and changed %BIO_ALBUM% to "$if2(%album_clean%, %album%)" which works as expected (but still doesn't clean the tag if it falls back to %album%). i'm wondering if perhaps the "utils.ReplaceIllegalChars" function is broken in v2 (32 bit)?

Reply #880
i'm wondering if perhaps the "utils.ReplaceIllegalChars" function is broken in v2 (32 bit)?

No such thing exists in Spider Monkey Panel. That's in JScript Panel only (v2.5 and above). And it's for replacing illegal characters in windows file/folder names - nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Reply #881
i'm wondering if perhaps the "utils.ReplaceIllegalChars" function is broken in v2 (32 bit)?

No such thing exists in Spider Monkey Panel. That's in JScript Panel only (v2.5 and above). And it's for replacing illegal characters in windows file/folder names - nothing to do with the subject at hand.

oh gosh thank you, somehow i hadn't noticed i was exploring around the jscript folder not the SMP folder, oops!  :-[

in any case though, given my limited (to say the least) understanding of javascript the SMP js files are even more cryptic to me. i am guessing that it must be something i'm doing wrong but i'm not sure what else to do besides manually creating a separate clean album title tag. the "clean album title" checkbox doesn't seem to have any effect even if the match % numbers are turned way down.

thanks again for the clarification Marc (and for all of your other work), if anyone has any suggestions i'm open to them! :)

edit: I managed to get it working by adding "replace(/\([^)]*\)/g, ' ')" to the albumClean function in names.js!

Reply #882
Could you make a x64 Jscript 3 version? I miss this beautiful biography on foobar2000 x64.

Reply #883
I get the following error:
ActiveX_Run failed:
ActiveXObject:
  code: 0x80070005
  description: Access is denied.

source: msxml3.dll

File: lastfm.js
Line: 638, Column: 16
Stack trace:
  search@lastfm.js:638:16
  analyse@lastfm.js:662:19
  onStateChange@lastfm.js:580:42
  getTrack/dl_lfm_track<@server.js:579:58

Reply #885
how can I install this on jscript-panel 3.1.18???

Reply #886
Does the biography panel have an option to manually add a search? I have a lot of radio stations that don't add metadata of a track properly and are not properly parsed into %title%, %artist%, and then the panel finds nothing. I'd like to see the background info in the panel by just typing in the search.

Reply #887
@marc2k3
@WilB

guys, help - the monkey panel doesn't work on version 2.0, I can't live without a biography!!! How to install???

Reply #888
SMP and WilB's script should work fine on 32bit fb2k v2.

Since 64bit is brand new, no one can claim to need it. It's nice but not essential. If you have one more components that aren't available, it makes the choice so much easier. You'd be mad to give up things you find useful just to use it,

64bit JScript Panel 3 does include last.fm bio and image downloading scripts (thumbs) but of course they're rather basic compared to WilB's work. I'm useless at making things look pretty.

https://jscript-panel.github.io/gallery/lastfm-bio/
https://jscript-panel.github.io/gallery/thumbs/

Reply #889
just reporting - randomly occurs:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({E8C329D3-03E9-4ABF-A58B-871009A023E5}: Biography v1.3.5 by WilB)

File: server.js
Line: 186, Column: 10
Stack trace:
  expired@server.js:186:10
  getRev@server.js:426:51
  download@server.js:193:8
  Server/this.on_playback_new_track<@server.js:47:9
  T@helpers.js:97:164
  t@helpers.js:97:519
  on_playback_new_track@callbacks.js:434:23

Reply #890
Seems to be pointing at a helper function inside scripts\helpers.js

At line 116, replace this...

Code: [Select]
	file(f) {
return fso.FileExists(f);
}

folder(fo) {
return fso.FolderExists(fo);
}

with

Code: [Select]
	file(f) {
return typeof f === 'string' && fso.FileExists(f);
}

folder(fo) {
return typeof fo === 'string' && fso.FolderExists(fo);
}

Reply #891
Just noticed sometimes Last.fm is missing the locale tag, but it's present on the wiki data.

According to tagger.js file, locale tag is only filled with the last.fm value, so in some cases the panel does not notify the country even if it's shown on the bio panel (the flag).
X
X

Wiki/allmusic values should be used as fallback in case last.fm value is missing on window.NotifyOthers('biographyTags', ...)

Reply #892
I've added the fall-back for the next version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reply #893
how to install it ? I tried two jscrpit panels select Import choose Biography-v1.3.5.zip and everytime javascript error ?

Reply #894
In the summary, not all items adjust with the panel width. I noticed that in genres, moods and members

Reply #895
I find many .txt files in the main folder of foobar2000
These files refer to the artist's biography.
It often happens when I add music files into the playlist.
I didn't understand if I have to set something in the tool to avoid this.

Reply #896
how to install it ? I tried two jscrpit panels select Import choose Biography-v1.3.5.zip and everytime javascript error ?
In foobar->Menu->Preferences->Columns UI->Spider Monkey Panel->Configure panel->Spider Monkey Panel Configuration->Package->Package manager->Import->Biography (by WilB->Biography-v1.3.5.zip
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #897
I find many .txt files in the main folder of foobar2000
These files refer to the artist's biography.
It often happens when I add music files into the playlist.
I didn't understand if I have to set something in the tool to avoid this.
In foobar->right click in Biography field>Options->Biography Options->Server Settings (All Panels)->Download->Auto-download->Untick...
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #898
@aboabo  The issue of handling radio streams that contain the artist name and song title in a non-standard format has a arisen a few times. Rather than putting in a manual search, the next version should have an advanced radio stream parser so it works automatically. It has to be configured for each problematical stream which the user can do. It uses JavaScript. So far it has two cases present, as provided by @Sergey77  in a pm a while ago. I'm happy to add a few more, really as examples, and so if any one wants to post some radio stream links that are not properly parsed into %title% %artist% I'll look into adding them.

@paregistrase  To have a neat and compact summary, certain items are limited to one line by design. That particularly applies to items where there might be long lists, e.g. sometimes there can be 25+ members or moods etc, which would require several lines to accommodate.

@ApacheReal  That issue should be fixed in the next version.

Reply #899
@paregistrase  To have a neat and compact summary, certain items are limited to one line by design. That particularly applies to items where there might be long lists, e.g. sometimes there can be 25+ members or moods etc, which would require several lines to accommodate.

So no bug, a feature :-P

And any easy way to do it for people without concerns for vertical space (or aesthetic taste)?

One can scroll down easily, but the horizontal space is limited .