Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 223744 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #850
Haven't updated in years, until yesterday. Some awesome new features!
I've added 2 panels, one with library tree and another one with artist pics grid - and I can't open the settings window for one of them anymore - it says check console, there I see Library Tree: options dialog isn't available with current operating system. All settings in options are available in panel properties. Common settings are on the menu.

Why so?
+1
Same option setting problem

Reply #851
Me too... sometimes the options panel won't open... I think the first time it happened was on v1.3.2.

Reply #852
Haven't updated in years, until yesterday. Some awesome new features!
I've added 2 panels, one with library tree and another one with artist pics grid - and I can't open the settings window for one of them anymore - it says check console, there I see Library Tree: options dialog isn't available with current operating system. All settings in options are available in panel properties. Common settings are on the menu.

Why so?
I think I posted in the wrong thread lol... I meant library tree, but I guess it happens in biography as well.

Reply #853
In Biography-v1.3.3 I think there might be a tag writing issue?

I have the tags to write selected as shown, but what is written to %ALBUM GENRE LAST.FM% does not match?

Reply #854
Options dialogue sometimes not opening.

In v1.3.1 extra checks were added to test if ShowHtmlDialog is supported. ShowHtmlDialog should be supported for all users except those running Wine or those who don't want to install internet explorer. The extra checks use regor's getSoFeatures checker. Possibly it sometimes isn't giving the correct answer.

Attached is a debug version of so.js. Users experiencing the issue could replace so.js in ...foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}\scripts with the debug version and post the console log when the issue happens to see if it shows anything. Note that so.js in bio & library tree aren't the same.

@kahel
Regarding SMP version. 1.6.1 has a bug in pseudotransparency handling. If you don't use pseudotransparency then use 1.6.1, otherwise use 1.5.2. The pseudotransparency bug has been fixed in the SMP development build.

@mjm716
Because the last.fm genres contain a lot of non-genre tags & some silly items, the tags written are now filtered. Only standard MusicBrainz genre tags are allowed according to this whitelist. I've updated the list for the next version as there are some new additions, e.g. instrumental hip hop in your example. But jazz hop isn't on the list. You can add to the whitelist on the tagger tab. It is possible to write all the last.fm tags which will include unwanted ones as well by uncommenting line 166 in the tagger as indicated in the script.

Reply #855
Wilb note the getSoFeatures() part is being called at startup once (correct me if I'm wrong), so it only gets fixed after panel reboot. (that matches the behavior reported)

If there is a problem, is a SMP problem while creating a HTML file on startup, why? I have no idea. But since the check is only done once at startup, if it fails there, then it will fail during all the session.

You should be able to bypass it by async loading that file at a later stage (i think it's the first one on your script) or delaying calling getSoFeatures when it's needed (and memoizing the result).

Reply #856

@mjm716
Because the last.fm genres contain a lot of non-genre tags & some silly items, the tags written are now filtered. Only standard MusicBrainz genre tags are allowed according to this whitelist. I've updated the list for the next version as there are some new additions, e.g. instrumental hip hop in your example. But jazz hop isn't on the list. You can add to the whitelist on the tagger tab. It is possible to write all the last.fm tags which will include unwanted ones as well by uncommenting line 166 in the tagger as indicated in the script.

Thanks for the info. Uncommenting worked as expected.

On one hand I totally appreciate your effort and approach to clean up genres.

On the other hand, the nitwits (~freepurple?!) who add silly genres may actually also provide a service if they are the least bit consistent, so "jazz-hop" may actually result in a meaningful sub-segment. It is easier to post-filter out tags in FB than it is to add data at the album level.

Reply #857
Since I've installed the version 1.3.3, I've noticed that my 'channel spectrum panel' was freezing every now and then...
Still happen with the 1.3.2... but doesn't with the 1.3.1, except the usual, 'normal' freeze while images first load.

The version 1.3.1 work fine, so no rush needed... just letting you know in case you could think of change that could affect performance... I've tested with 'filmstrip' and 'autocycle' disable... the freeze seem to happen every few second... without any image change... maybe something update in the background...

Might be worth exploring in the future... if I'm not the only one noticing those freeze...
To test... the easiest way would be in a music visualizer for example... also seem to impact performance while I scrolls down through my music list... not positive about that since it's a lot harder to notice in that case.

Reply #858
@kahel

Thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce. The issue should be fixed in the next version.

Reply #860
Looks good. I'm glad it's working well.

Reply #861
New Version: Biography v1.3.4

Added
- Item properties. See screenshots at end of readme

Changed
- Tagger
    - last.fm genre whitelist is now updated automatically
    - usage of last.fm genre whitelist is now optional (tagger tab)

Fixed
- Feature detection issue. See the changelog for full info
- v1.3.2 regression: image cache issue

Reply #862
Updated to v1.3.4.
Everything seem to run nice, at a first glance.

I was wondering if there was already a built in way to 'open file location' -image for example-... by double clicking, middle clicking... or even a shortcut?

Reply #863
hi there, i'm a noob at using script.
i'm enhancing a DarkOne theme therefore i'm using ColumnUI & Panel Splitter.
Does that mean there is no way i can use this Biography script ?
I've installed JSCript Panel.
Thanks in advance

Reply #864
I'm pretty sure DarkOne* comes with a very thorough PDF manual explaining how to add your own custom panels. For this bio script, you'll need Spider Monkey Panel.

* the original ones by Tedgo - if you have other people's mods then who knows?

Reply #865
Biography: the options html dialog doesn't appear to be available with the current operating system. All settings in options are available elsewhere: 1) panel settings are in panel properties; 2) server settings that apply to all panels are in the cfg file - default settings should be fine for most users, but can be changed by careful editing in a text editor. Common settings are on the menu.

I added another panel and a message like this pops up. The old panels seem to have been updated to the latest version and do not give such a dialog box, what did I do wrong?

+
Custom load folder

Tell me how to display the artist's image in the panel, despite the fact that the photos are in a folder with music files, the folder name is "Images" and it is located in the root directory of the artist, which contains folders with albums.

Reply #866
An error occurred.
Sources > Text > Static
Code: [Select]
b is not defined

File: menu.js
Line: 1311, Column: 12
Stack trace:
  setTextType@menu.js:1311:12
  func@menu.js:319:21
  run@menu.js:112:30
  load@menu.js:98:8
  rbtn_up@menu.js:1053:8
  on_mouse_rbtn_up@callbacks.js:240:6

Reply #867
Tell me how to display the artist's image in the panel, despite the fact that the photos are in a folder with music files, the folder name is "Images" and it is located in the root directory of the artist, which contains folders with albums.
At the default setting, the image is downloaded from the network and displayed. If your network can't download, you can right-click the menu - Source - Photo, switch to a custom folder, and follow the prompts to set.

Reply #868
@kahel
Menu > sources > open file location

@Mrakobes
Regarding message, you can manually set first panel property  ('-show html dialog...') to 1 to by pass an autodetect of features. For custom artist photo load, enter path in options: "Server Settings"\Photo\Custom photo folder, as indicated by always.beta

@always.beta : Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed in the next version.

Reply #869
My post was probably unclear.
I'm aware of... menu/sources/open file location.... that because I use it so much at the moment (updating my music library) I was wondering if there was an option to make it 'easier' like a double click.

Reply #870
@always.beta
@WilB

Custom load folder

On the second question of my post. Help me make a viewer, I want to watch the artist's photo in a separate tab when listening. I always put photos in the Images folder in the artist's directory. what are the settings in the panel? So that the script finds all the image files and rises from the path to the Images folder, (maybe a folder in the folder when CD1, CD2)

Reply #871
@kahel
All the click actions are already assigned unless a modifier is used. I'll add it using 'alt+click' with an indicator of the shortcut on the open file location menu, unless I discover any conflicts or you think its unsuitable for some reason

@Mrakobes
I always put photos in the Images folder in the artist's directory
To enter the path in the main artist photo download folder:

Options > Server Settings > Download tab
Under cache location choose custom, then configure custom cache
Enter the path required in the last.fm photo box
Sounds like you want something like path to artist\images

If these are static images you can also use the previous method or both

Each path needs to point to a specific folder that's resolvable by title formatting. So you might need the photos in images rather than CD1 or CD2 etc., which would be more efficient anyway.

Reply #872
New Version: Biography v1.3.5

Added
- Shortcut to open image: Alt+Click
-Item properties: file creation date (requires foobar2000 v2)

Fixed
- Issue with setTextType

Reply #873
Thank you.

Just tried the Item properties... look nice. I can easily see one of my panel make use of it.

Reply #874
Hi...
is there a way to configurate wich tags are used  for cycling? I hate it if album artist is show if it was "Various". I want cycle other tags like conductor, choir, solist or orchestra... thanks