Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: stubborn "Output trace" value (Read 583 times) previous topic - next topic

stubborn "Output trace" value

Please help!

I am running fb2k 1.6.12 on two computers, one is Win64, second is Win32. Both are driving external DACs of different manufacturers, each of them with dedicated ASIO driver. All based on Thesycon USB Audio 2.0 Class Driver for Windows. The following problem occurs on both machines:

I would like to stop my ASIO drivers creating ASIOhost*.trc files in my temp dir. They are blowing unexpectedly leading my system to crash.
So I am setting 0 (zero) to Preferences > Advanced > Debugging > Output trace.
"Apply" and "Save". Now the new trace file is of length 0 (zero). Yes, this is what I wanted. Even after restarting foobar.
But, for unknown reasons in unpredictable circumstances foobar resets the value to 3 and the trace file starts blowing again.

Is it a bug, or is it on purpose?

If on purpose - how to get rid of ASIOhost*.trc files? Or, how to set the value to 0 (zero) permanently?

Re: stubborn "Output trace" value

Reply #1
A reply to myself:
After some investigation I have figured out that the "Output trace" parameter comes with the "foo_out_asio+dsd" component from SorceForge project. After uninstalling it and installing the stock component "foo_out_asio" by Peter - this parameter has disappeared, so "ASIOhost*.trc" files have also vanished.

I have already opened discussion on SourceForge so this case here becomes obsolete.

Re: stubborn "Output trace" value

Reply #2
For those who were observing my post: with the 0.3.1 version of the foo_out_asio+dsd component from SourceForge the problem was solved. No more trace log files.