Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 132234 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #150
Comparing with 1.6 - version 2.0 can not add multiple folders using "Add folder..."
Dunno if this was said before, or may be there is another way to add more than one folder at once?

Reply #151
Hi, The Music CD Writer Component:
A little confused

Reply #152
foobar2000 v2.0 beta 9 (x64): Visualization Spectrogram interrupted after 1 min (Playback Statistics).
Is this normal? What can I do?

Reply #156
Exporting playback statistics from foobar2000 v2 and then importing to foobar2000 v 1.6.12 does not work, I just get the following error:
Playback statistics import failure: Unsupported format or corrupted file

Reply #158
Thank you for clarifying, marc2k3  :)

I think I found a bug in the albumlist, used in DUI, I have music on two separate HDD's, when I type "D:\" in the searchfilter, I get zero results, but in foobar2000 1.6.12, it works as expected

Reply #159
beta 10

@ReFacets:

Added multiple albums and noticed that sorting in playlist is mixed up (albums torn apart) and does not reflect ReFacets sorting.
("Works" with Library Viewer and Drag & Drop)

Seems like files are added to playlist sorted by file creation date.

On a side note:
Is implementation of cover art planned for ReFacets? (Maybe after 2.0 is out?)

Reply #161
Problem solved with removing JS Smooth Browser (JScript Panel 3.1.0).

Yeah, it sees DB updates the same as tag updates which isn't right. I can fix that but it will take component changes in the next release.

edit: this might be trickier than I first thought. There is a callback for library items being changed too which isn't as easy to suppress. I'll look in to it.

Reply #162
1. Auto-scale Columns with Window Size doesn't work in the Default User Interface.
2. Columns size changes in Properties (if it's a tab in a Default User Interface element) are not remembered when changing tracks.
Alex

Reply #163
Beta 10 32-bit on Windows 11 22H2

My DUI fonts are all the default settings. It's not unusual that when applying edits in Layout Editing Mode the font is changed. Unfortunately I cannot find a pattern to duplicate this issue on-demand. Changing the font in the preferences dialog and then resetting the fonts fixes the issue.

Reply #164
Foobar v2 32-bit beta 10
Foobar v2 portable and default installation on startup is taking up to 15-25 seconds before fully loaded where as v1 takes 4-10 seconds and in general everything goes slower but can't really give anything about it because there's nothing in the console about it.

Replacing a comma with semicolon in %artist% is instead of showing a comma in playlist view it's showing a semicolon, while if you mannually replace it it will change into a comma in playlist view. It can be do with mp3tag but prefer it with foobar

Refacets
Most of the time it's just not working or it takes 30+ seconds upon using search, with a smaller library it ofcourse goes a bit faster but still not optimal, both default and portable.
In fb v1 facets you could right click enable/disable "library, filters, source, help" would like to see that again.
Would also like album art view to make a comeback.

Not a bug
with fb v1 you could lock left/rights borders in DUI layout editing which is really usefull because you lock some while still be able to move others, hopefully this makes a comeback aswell.

File operation/Move to/... replacing characters in filenames
Could it be made possible to be able to replace these "| /" to "│ /, the replacements can be done manually but not through foobar.
But these ": ? < > " for some reason can be replaced to "꞉ ? < >" while it should be having the same problem.

Thanks to all developers for all your efforts in creating an even better foobar it's really appreciated, have a wonderful day/night!

Reply #165
1. %rating_stars%. %rating_stars% displays the correct rating (solid stars) but an additional empty star is displayed. See below example where %rating% is 2. The left column displays the built-in playlist view rating, the right column displays [%rating_stars%].

Just playing around with the beta again. More insight here into the above issue. All tracks that were imported from version 1.6.x now have a fractional %rating% except if the %rating% was 5. See the table below.

Playback statistics %rating% before and after installing version 2 beta:
v1.6.xv2

Reply #167
Beta 10: Media Library Search of "NOT somefield IS 1 AND NOT someotherfield IS 1" now gives empty result. The logical equivalent "NOT (somefield IS 1 OR someotherfield IS 1)" works as expected.

Doesn't happen on Beta 8. Playlist search also not affected.

I played around a bit more and it looks like the resulting logic is "somefield IS 1 AND someotherfield IS 1" (which in my previous test happened to match nothing)

Reply #168
There appears to be a freezing problem with the "Album List" UI Element... when I add my library on my desktop it always freezes the entire UI when the Album list tries to update after some time. music keeps playing, at least for a little bit. and it continues to scan and read the network? but even leaving it like this for a day it does not fix itself. (I have about 300,000 tracks living on network storage, fwiw)

if I cut the element out, add in my library, let it scan, and add the element back in, all is fine. but it seems like there's possibly some race condition I am encountering from the initial add

Reply #169
Hi,

I've been missing SUBITEMS from Statistics (facets)  in ReFacets - any chance to implement it?  ;)

Reply #170
Folders with dsf files do not show up in the album list.  So if you have the same album in redbook as flac and DSD as dsf files in two separate directories only the redbook directory shows up in the album list.  The dsf files play fine when dragged into the playlist from Windows Explorer.  I do have foo_input_sacd installed, which I assume is required for the files to play.

Reply #171
I don't know if it's intended, in 1.6.x I can ctrl-f (on playlist) -> type thing -> press enter to play the first hit but I can't do that anymore in beta 10.

Reply #172
I have (at least) one album that verifies accurate with AccurateRip but when checked with verify integrity it fails.  The 32 bit version says the files are OK if I verify integrity.

Reply #173
Beta 10 crash when ext. CUE points to non-existing file.

Reply #174
I use a script to group files with the word Classical in the genre tag by composer.  In the 32 bit version of foobar it looks like this:

In the 64 bit version of foobar it looks like this:

Exact same script (Note:  I put certain classical albums that are a pain in the a** to tag in a tree names Classical - PITA, subd is a tag I created to put some works by some composers in to sub categories):

Code: [Select]
$ifgreater($strstr(%path%,'PITA'),0,,__$ifgreater($strstr(%genre%,'Classical'),0,___|___$puts(comp3,)___$ifgreater($strchr(%composer%,','),0,____$puts(comp,$left(%composer%,$sub($strstr(%composer%,', '),1)))____$puts(comp2,' +' $trim($right(%composer%,$sub($len(%composer%),$strstr(%composer%,', ')))))____$puts(comp3,' '), ____$ifgreater($strchr(%composer%,'&'),0,_____$puts(comp,$left(%composer%,$sub($strstr(%composer%,' & '),1)))_____$puts(comp2,' & ' $trim($right(%composer%,$sub($len(%composer%),$strstr(%composer%,'&'))))),_____$puts(comp,%composer%)_____$puts(comp2,' ')))____$ifgreater($strchr($get(comp2),'+'),0,____$get(comp3) $left($right($get(comp),$sub($len($get(comp)),$strrchr($get(comp),' '))),1) ' 3 Or More Names',____$get(comp3) $left($right($get(comp),$sub($len($get(comp)),$strrchr($get(comp),' '))),1))___|___$trim($right($get(comp),$sub($len($get(comp)),$strrchr($get(comp),' '))))', '$trim($left($get(comp),$sub($strrchr($get(comp),' '),1)))___$get(comp2)___|___$if($meta_test(subd),____> $meta(subd)|)___$if($greater($strstr(%title%,' - '),0),$trim($substr(%title%,1,$sub($strstr(%title%,' - '),1))),%title%)|%artist% > %album%|%track% - %title%,)__)