Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Joining two audio clips together seamlessly on mp3DirectCut (Read 1392 times) previous topic - next topic

Joining two audio clips together seamlessly on mp3DirectCut

I'm trying to make an audio clip on mp3DirectCut by cutting the parts from an extended version of an instrumental and join them together like a non extended version.

I have tried to put the 2 audio clips together. While I play it on mp3DirectCut, i do not hear the little gap between the 2 clips. But I found there's a little audible gap in between the clips once I exported it into mp3 and have it play on Windows media player. How do I join 2 clips together and have it play smoothly like it's a song?

Re: Joining two audio clips together seamlessly on mp3DirectCut

Reply #1
When I've not been able to get the result I want with mp3DirectCut, I've edited the file in Audacity and saved it as FLAC (same quality as the original MP3) or MP3-320 (inaudibly lesser quality).  The advantage of using Audacity is that it has "Crossfade" and "Delete with Crossfade" effects that can smooth cut transitions.

Re: Joining two audio clips together seamlessly on mp3DirectCut

Reply #2
Thanks for the idea. I will look it up.