Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: reading components version (Read 1601 times) previous topic - next topic

reading components version

Hi!

I'm using foobar for quite a while now and try to write a little application, which reads the version of each plugin in my components-folder. Since only few components use the Windows version file header and "hide" (I know it's by design) their version inside and since I'm a quite unexperienced C++ programmer, I have a hard time figuring out how to use the sdk to get the components to "tell me their secrets" (version, author, comment..).

I guess I'll have to access them through calling foobar2000_get_interface (with some arguments, which I don't know how to initialize), use the get_version function of the (hopefully) returned foobar2000_client interface to get a handle to some kind of componentversion interface from which I then could retrive the desired information.

The problem simply is that I don't know how to implement this in C++ (I actually tried to convert the sdk api to C# - which is my "native" language - no success). I would be glad if someone could help me here.

Cheers,
Andreas