Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy (Read 6881 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy

Is there any commandline, program, or something otherwise that would allow me to store both mp3s created by LAME, and dumped lossless files too (not WAV) but rather FLAC or monkeys audio? that'd be great. thanks

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #1
Either MAREO or WACK will allow you to sequentially encode to two or more formats.

WACK will allow you to save to both image and track formats in the same run, and has the facility to scale MP3s using album gain information.

MAREO is specifically for creating track files in various formats (or image files, but not both).
I'm on a horse.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #2
Great, i'll give whack a spin. Only other question -- which lossless format should I choose (or which do you use)?

I'm stuck here and not sure if you can answer it. I've tried WAV, FLAC, and Monkey but i'm indecisive

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #3
I use Monkey's Audio - but I've been deliberating about changing to WavPack for a while.

The recent realisation (many thanks to Roberto and guruboolez) that Monkey's Audio error handling is lacking may force me to make a change sooner rather than later.

I would take a look at the comparison in the wiki though.

Edit: added link to Roberto's post regarding his test for error handling.
I'm on a horse.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #4
And here's yet another one.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #5
Darn, MAREO and WHACK are impossible for me to configure from the tutorials they offer online. I wish they were more simplistic. I'll try the third one.

I want LAME -aps and FLAC geez

and tag it to:

C:\Lossless\Artist - Album - Year\Number - Artist - Song    ...for FLAC

and C:\Documents and Settings\Evan\My Documents\My Music\Artist - Album - Year\Number - Artist - Song            ...for -aps LAME id3 v2

but i'm having difficulty with the ini files and tutorials hmph

flac.exe and lame.exe are both in C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #6
WACK is pretty easy to setup, i followed the guide on their website and ran my first extraction with it with no problems to Lame mp3 and MPC. And i dont even have the encoder .exe's in the EAC directory i have them all in a separate folders and organized by type and version #.
we was young an' full of beans

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #7
I agree, they are way too complicated. A user should be able to figure out a program by simply using it. If not, it's bad design and you have a problem. A well done GUI could solve all that configuration mess.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #8
I agree, they are way too complicated. A user should be able to figure out a program by simply using it. If not, it's bad design and you have a problem. A well done GUI could solve all that configuration mess.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317213"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Absolutley. WACK would be kick ass with a nice GUI.
we was young an' full of beans

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #9
earphiler:

Try flackattack it's user friendlier than Wack, but you have to rip to FLAC + other lossy codec, I myself really like it.

Inytar

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #10
Half off topic, because converting to 2 different lossless formats at a time, but here goes.

Which app (React or Wack) will allow me to have EAC rip my CDs to both a La single-image with cue file and to tagged one-file-per-track FLAC files, and of course have them stored in their own appropriate directory structure, all in one movement?  I suppose expecting it to do a little PAR2ing on the La disc images will be too much to ask?

If I understand correctly, neither Flacattack nor Mareo will do the trick.  And wouldn't you know: the latter two are the only multi-codec apps I have experience with.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #11
WACK will definately let you do that.  I believe REACT will also (but I'm less familiar with REACT).

I'm not sure about running PAR2 - you may be able to run it under the REPLAYGAIN section, much as Jebus does with ID3 to tag the files in his WACK package on Rarewares.
I'm on a horse.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #12
I am not PC literate and only heard about MP3 a few months ago when my nehpew gifted me a MP3 player from Apple. With Synthtic Soul and Ponchorage's help I managed to make WACK work with EAC and create Extreme versions of MP3 using LAME 3.96.1 and .wv files using WavPack.

So far I have done this to about 400+ CDs and only about 5 CDs have not been successful. This was due to EAC detecting too many errors in secure mode.

Also I must caution you guys that sometimes the process fails in the middle and for this purpose you might have to run WACK in the dos mode.