Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wlm (Read 175090 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wlm

Reply #175
Please do send me the crash dump, can't repro on my side - thank you.

Please disregard... i hadn't seen that the crashdump includes the module names
After reading the whole thing, wlm is not even in the dumped stack trace.
It was just coincidence that the crash happened after the wlm upgrade... in fact it was probably triggered by the foobar upgrade
the module at fault seems to have been foo_prettypop (marked as crashware... but works for me except for this one crash. It hasn't happened again).

Sorry for wasting your time

foo_wlm

Reply #176
works fine on windows 7 64 sp1 and wlm 2011 15.4.3508.1109

foo_wlm

Reply #177
Been waiting for an update....gonna try it and report back as soon as i can

Edit: i can confirm that its working ok so far on
Windows 7 x64 sp1 - foobar2000 1.1.5 - and WLM 15.4.3508.1109

here's my script
%artist%[' - '[%title%]['  ['%album%']']]$if(%ispaused%,' (Paused)',)

foo_wlm

Reply #178
Can we please get Trillian support in this plugin? The only 'now playing' solution I can find for us Trillian users (that still works) is AMIP. Personally I can't stand AMIP since it is an external solution.

Trillian 5 recognizes my now playing songs in Windows Media Player perfectly. But I can't find a way to get it to recognize foobar2000... even with this plugin.

using:
Windows 7 64bit Pro w/ SP1
foobar2000 1.1.5
foo_wlm 1.1.8a
Trillian 5.0 build 30 Pro (hasn't worked on any version of Trillian that I recall, FWIW)

foo_wlm

Reply #179
Can we please get Trillian support in this plugin? The only 'now playing' solution I can find for us Trillian users (that still works) is AMIP. Personally I can't stand AMIP since it is an external solution.

Trillian 5 recognizes my now playing songs in Windows Media Player perfectly. But I can't find a way to get it to recognize foobar2000... even with this plugin.

using:
Windows 7 64bit Pro w/ SP1
foobar2000 1.1.5
foo_wlm 1.1.8a
Trillian 5.0 build 30 Pro (hasn't worked on any version of Trillian that I recall, FWIW)

Trillian 5.0 does not emulate the WLM Music API at all.
It uses its own plugin for WMP - hence it isn't within the scope of the plugin. Try disabling the Trillian plugin and no music information will go to Trillian.
:)

foo_wlm

Reply #180
n0obie4life, your plugin is great, been using it for quite some time. Though, is it possible for you to post a changelog? I ask since you only mention what changed on a few versions.

Again, thanks for all your effort

foo_wlm

Reply #181
n0obie4life, your plugin is great, been using it for quite some time. Though, is it possible for you to post a changelog? I ask since you only mention what changed on a few versions.

Again, thanks for all your effort

I'll make an effort to post a changelog only if its a visible feature change. Usually it's just internal workings...so nothing much to post there since nobody can see anything

Thanks!

foo_wlm

Reply #182
i can't seem to get this plugin to work... windows live asks me to install windows media player whenever i select "show what i'm listening to" is it possible to have this plugin work without having to install wmp?

i am using windows 7 64bit if that is relevant.

I think it's a requirement by WLM.
There might be a way to fake that WMP exists though, let me try and find out...

I would like to know this aswell, since I have the same problem.
The funny thing is that I have never checked that box, foo_wlm just stopped working after rebooting :S

I just found out there is, actually. It does require some messing with the registry.

1. Run regedit

2. Create the key {6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6} in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components

3. Create these values:

Default="Microsoft Windows Media Player"
"Version"="10,0,0,3646"
"StubPath"="rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp10.inf,PerUserStub"
"IsInstalled"=dword 1
"DontAsk"=dword 2
"Locale"="EN"
"ComponentId"="Microsoft Windows Media Player"

Worked for me. You still need to check the little box in WLM, but it won't ask you to install WMP anymore. (:

Also, thanks a lot for the plugin!

this hack didn't work for me but does with with these settings:

foo_wlm

Reply #183
i can't seem to get this plugin to work... windows live asks me to install windows media player whenever i select "show what i'm listening to" is it possible to have this plugin work without having to install wmp?

i am using windows 7 64bit if that is relevant.

I think it's a requirement by WLM.
There might be a way to fake that WMP exists though, let me try and find out...

I would like to know this aswell, since I have the same problem.
The funny thing is that I have never checked that box, foo_wlm just stopped working after rebooting :S

I just found out there is, actually. It does require some messing with the registry.

1. Run regedit

2. Create the key {6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6} in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components

3. Create these values:

Default="Microsoft Windows Media Player"
"Version"="10,0,0,3646"
"StubPath"="rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp10.inf,PerUserStub"
"IsInstalled"=dword 1
"DontAsk"=dword 2
"Locale"="EN"
"ComponentId"="Microsoft Windows Media Player"

Worked for me. You still need to check the little box in WLM, but it won't ask you to install WMP anymore. (:

Also, thanks a lot for the plugin!

this hack didn't work for me but does with with these settings:

Thanks for the info, but neither solution is working for me.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 as well, but in my system32 folder there are no wmploc.dll or unregmp2.exe files.

If I do a full-on search, the only places either file can be found is in C:\Windows\winsxs in a couple of those long name folders (e.g. unregmp2.exe can be found in two folders there, x86_microsoft-windows-mediaplayer-setup_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_adca1fa537de6f5e and amd64_microsoft-windows-mediaplayer-setup_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_09e8bb28f03be094. wmploc.dll can be found in 6 other folders, 3 starting with amd64_ and 3 starting with wow64_).

I really have no idea how I should incorporate this info. Should I just replace your system32\ bit with winsxs\oneofthoselongfoldernameshere? I just really don't want to have to install WMP12 .

Thanks for any help you can give me.

foo_wlm

Reply #184
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

This plug-in doesn't work for me.

However someone back in Feb. (in this thread) mentioned that they have Win7 64-bit and even mention the version of MSN Live that they have (same as I have ... guess it is the newest) and claims it works.

How?

I don't understand.

I copied it to the components folder and it shows up in foobar2000 under the list of components. So why doesn't it work?

WMP works with MSN Live. I also have some plug-in for Winamp that works. But I want to use foobar2000

The plug-in came with no instructions and this thread makes no sense to me. Do I have to do something special with the registry? I have WMP installed though so ... I dunno. I see all this talk of "scripting" to get the "look" of the output you want. Can't find that option anywhere in WMP or WLM so ... ???

For the record my MSN Live says: Windows Live Messenger 2011 Build 15.4.3508.1109

P.S.
I was using foobar2000 v1.1.5 but just realized that v1.1.6 was out. Installed it. Plug-in still not working.

foo_wlm

Reply #185
If you're sure with your current setup WLM is showing something when you use WMP/Winamp, could you please kindly copy and paste the titleformatting string you have used here?

I'm using W7 64bit myself and things are fine.

Thanks

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

This plug-in doesn't work for me.

However someone back in Feb. (in this thread) mentioned that they have Win7 64-bit and even mention the version of MSN Live that they have (same as I have ... guess it is the newest) and claims it works.

foo_wlm

Reply #186
If you're sure with your current setup WLM is showing something when you use WMP/Winamp, could you please kindly copy and paste the titleformatting string you have used here?

I'm using W7 64bit myself and things are fine.

Thanks

I hate to sound like an idiot but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "titleformatting string"

I have seen references to this in this thread. I tried to explain it in my earlier post that I have no idea what or where this is. I've been all over my WMP and WLM settings and preferences and can't find any such setting.

I mean I understand what it is ... I rip with EAC and you have to do something similar so the output looks the way you want but I don't know where this option is in any of the programs nor did I see any explanation of where to find it.

Again to be clear, everything works when I use WMP i.e., WLM shows the Track and Artist info. I also have a plug-in for Winamp which is supposed to work with WLM and it also works. But this foobar2000 plug-in doesn't ... however ... I'm guessing this "formating string" is perhaps necessary in order to get it to work? If so please tell me where it is (and in which program).

- John

foo_wlm

Reply #187
I do not use this and wish you the best getting this to work. If you place titleformatting in the search box you will quickly find that it is a part of what makes foobar, foobar. The first result is a link to the Foobar wiki reference the doc also will link you to a more basic guide to titleformatiing

foo_wlm

Reply #188
I got it to work but I wish someone would do a lil step by step write up.

foo_wlm

Reply #189
You can find that string in the ONLY textbox in Preferences -> Tools -> WLM. The text box there is the titleformatting string.

I hate to sound like an idiot but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "titleformatting string"

I have seen references to this in this thread. I tried to explain it in my earlier post that I have no idea what or where this is. I've been all over my WMP and WLM settings and preferences and can't find any such setting.

I mean I understand what it is ... I rip with EAC and you have to do something similar so the output looks the way you want but I don't know where this option is in any of the programs nor did I see any explanation of where to find it.

Again to be clear, everything works when I use WMP i.e., WLM shows the Track and Artist info. I also have a plug-in for Winamp which is supposed to work with WLM and it also works. But this foobar2000 plug-in doesn't ... however ... I'm guessing this "formating string" is perhaps necessary in order to get it to work? If so please tell me where it is (and in which program).

- John

foo_wlm

Reply #191
Hi ppl,
ive got a problem, im using Foobar 1.1.6 and the lastest plugin available here on this thread, but i still cant see the musics that im listening on foobar with WLM (im using 2009 14.0.8117.416)
With WMP, it works, but with Foobar, no way. =(

Somebody can help me?

Thanks!

foo_wlm

Reply #192
I just replied to express my appreciation for finally a 1.0+ unicode wlm tag. Great work

foo_wlm

Reply #193
When I pause the track it doesn't dissapear in WLM 2009. :S
Could you fix this?