Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: crude but functional gui mpc player for os x (Read 53950 times) previous topic - next topic

crude but functional gui mpc player for os x

Reply #25
How about a screenshot?
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #26
westgroveg >
i'm sure kuniklo has thought of wavpack since he's ported the format

kuniklo>
yes, it is easily the most popular trading format (not that i enjoy that fact).
it will (most likely) die out some time, but until then there are ...lots of shn files to support.

later

Reply #27
How about a screenshot?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.caddr.com/xist/xist.jpg]http://www.caddr.com/xist/xist.jpg[/url]

May change significantly before a real release.

Reply #28
yes, it is easily the most popular trading format (not that i enjoy that fact).
it will (most likely) die out some time, but until then there are ...lots of shn files to support.

I'll do it if it's not too hard to integrate.  I've got to get mp3 and aac first though.

Reply #29
How about Wavpack support?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270288"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wavpack has been supported in Xist for a long time now (days even).  It was the second format I supported after MPC

Reply #30
Xist-20050201 crashes when trying to add Ogg's. (both when drag'n'drop and when using the Choose function.

Tried to add: [LJ] Pimsleur's Comprehensive Japanese Level 3 - Lesson 90.ogg
tried to rename to 90.ogg - same

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

I can add the file, it is listed and tags are read correctly, but after about 1-2 seconds it just bombs out.

If you want the full error dump just say.

One added thing, if there are already MPCs in the playlist, when trying to drag a Ogg to xist, it will clear the playlist, show the Ogg(s) wait 1-2 secs then crash.

Reply #31
http://www.caddr.com/xist/xist.jpg

May change significantly before a real release.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270293"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You have good taste sir

Reply #32
Xist-20050201 crashes when trying to add Ogg's. (both when drag'n'drop and when using the Choose function.

One added thing, if there are already MPCs in the playlist, when trying to drag a Ogg to xist, it will clear the playlist, show the Ogg(s) wait 1-2 secs then crash.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270300"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does this happen with all the oggs you've tried?  It works fine on this end but I only have a few ogg files to test with.  If they're not stereo 44k files they might cause problems now too.  Are you running this on a G4 or a G5?

I changed the drag & drop behavior of xist to replace the current playlist by default, since that's generally how I tend to listen to music.  If you want it to append the new tracks to the playlist just hold down the option key after you start the drag from the finder.

Thanks for testing!

Reply #33
You have good taste sir
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270330"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Early Floyd rules, especially Piper.

Reply #34
Thank you so much for this.  Sheesh...just got a second hand mac and was worried I would never hear my over 1000 album collection on it with my mpcs.  It's working great on my Powerbook G4 550 running 10.3.7.  It's lookin good.

Reply #35
Thank you so much for this.  Sheesh...just got a second hand mac and was worried I would never hear my over 1000 album collection on it with my mpcs.  It's working great on my Powerbook G4 550 running 10.3.7.  It's lookin good.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.  Working on mp3 support right now.  It's surprisingly tricky.

Reply #36

One added thing, if there are already MPCs in the playlist, when trying to drag a Ogg to xist, it will clear the playlist, show the Ogg(s) wait 1-2 secs then crash. [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270300"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Does this happen with all the oggs you've tried?  It works fine on this end but I only have a few ogg files to test with.  If they're not stereo 44k files they might cause problems now too.  Are you running this on a G4 or a G5?

I changed the drag & drop behavior of xist to replace the current playlist by default, since that's generally how I tend to listen to music.  If you want it to append the new tracks to the playlist just hold down the option key after you start the drag from the finder.

Thanks for testing![a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270361"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
G4
Files are 44.1 / 48bitrate / mono

Reply #37
Thanks.  Working on mp3 support right now.  It's surprisingly tricky.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270503"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmm.. im not sure mp3/aac support is what I would spend too much time on.. Well, perhaps if it is to include encoders (can't get enough lame front-ends!)

Reply #38
hmm.. im not sure mp3/aac support is what I would spend too much time on.. Well, perhaps if it is to include encoders (can't get enough lame front-ends!)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270549"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a lot of MP3 files, so it's pretty useful to me to be able to play them.  It looks like I only have to implement one Core Audio decoder and I'll be able to play mp3/aac/wav/alac/aiff all in one component.

Reply #39
20050201 works fine and looks great, and doesn't skip at all during playback either. Thank you for your efforts
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #40
20050201 works fine and looks great, and doesn't skip at all during playback either. Thank you for your efforts
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272030"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Glad to hear it.  I've got mp3 playback working now but it does skip on my G5.  I think I need to restructure the decoding routines a little bit to prevent this.  Thanks!

Reply #41
This looks really great. Thanks for all the work you are putting into it
Mais que savez-vous de la vie ?!!?

Reply #42
/me points at lamip and says "hey, look at those cool guys who could use kuniklo (the coding _machine!_ ) in the mix"

Reply #43
/me points at lamip and says "hey, look at those cool guys who could use kuniklo (the coding _machine!_ ) in the mix"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274415"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does lamip work on the Mac?

Reply #44
Any new betas to play with?

Reply #45
Any new betas to play with?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=276676"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry.  Been distracted by some real life stuff (new dog, birthdays etc).  I plan to get back to it soon.

Reply #46
Sorry.  Been distracted by some real life stuff (new dog, birthdays etc).  I plan to get back to it soon.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=276678"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That darn real life just keeps getting in the way, eh? 
Many thanks for your work, I'm enjoying using it.

Reply #47
Many thanks for your work, I'm enjoying using it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=276832"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Glad to hear it's been useful.  Looks like to get really rock solid playback I'm going to have to rewrite the audio engine as a multithreaded ring buffer sort of thing, which is going to be slightly tricky.

Reply #48
keep it up, we need you!

Reply #49
Any progress?
Would be sad if this app would be filed in the dusty stack of lost-in-found