Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Properties never show the "Others" group even if present in  (Read 4539 times) previous topic - next topic

Properties never show the "Others" group even if present in

My layout has an area that shows the properties of the selected file. Right clicking on this area, we can select some options: Metadata, Location, General, ReplayGain and Others.
First 4, if present in the file, are correctly showed. The "Others" group is instead never showed even if present in the properties of the file (right click on the element of the playlist, properties, tab properties).
This behavior is normal and expected by foobar developers or it is a bug?

Reply #1
The Other section of the properties tab of the properties dialog shows different information than the Other section of the Selection Properties element.

For example it would show playback statistics if you had any.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
I don't use the playback statistics, but "Others" in the properties dialog shows to me this details:

<ENC_DELAY> : 576
<ENC_PADDING> : 1728
<MP3_ACCURATE_LENGTH> : yes
<MP3_STEREO_MODE> : stereo

...while "Others" in the selection properties element is never showed.

Reply #3
yep.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
That's normal. As I said earlier, the two show different information.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
Please can you show me a way to view whatever thing shown in "Others" in the selection properties element? ...In way that I understand well the matter, now confused. In this moment I only view a tick on a thing (that is "Others") that doesn't show nothing.
In the moment that I tick on "Others", and since we're talking about properties, I expect that this element shows to me the thing that is in the "Others" properties dialog... it's strange expect another thing: all the rest is shown identical thing here and there! Say me if I mistake something in this reasoning. 

Reply #7
The categories only show up if there is something to show in that category. You don't have anything under "Other" to show, apparently.

If you have a file that doesn't have ReplainGain data, does the ReplayGain section show? No. This isn't any different.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
Please re-read my post upon yours, I modified it.

The categories only show up if there is something to show in that category. You don't have anything under "Other" to show, apparently.

Here you mistake. A bit above I wrote:

"Others" in the properties dialog shows to me this details:

<ENC_DELAY> : 576
<ENC_PADDING> : 1728
<MP3_ACCURATE_LENGTH> : yes
<MP3_STEREO_MODE> : stereo

...while "Others" in the selection properties element is never showed.

So THERE IS something to show, but "Others" in the selection properties element doesn't show it.

Reply #9
Say me if I mistake something in this reasoning. 

YES, YOUR REASONING IS MISTAKEN.

So THERE IS something to show, but "Others" in the selection properties element doesn't show it.
No, the Other section of the UI element purposely does not show those tags. As I mentioned above the two sections do not display the exact same things

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #10
If you have a file that doesn't have ReplainGain data, does the ReplayGain section show? No. This isn't any different.

ReplayGain section works properly, while the Others secton MUST show the details wrote upon (enc_delay, etc.) but it doesn't do it.

YES, YOUR REASONING IS MISTAKEN.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS?

To begin with, please DON'T SCREAM AND DON'T ANGER YOU! I always ask the things with extreme courtesy and you are always shallow... finally scream too!
If you precisely response to my argumentation, well. Otherwise, if you don't know well the matter, please don't say nothing.
I ask several questions, and you don't replay to it. You know only scream and say that I mistake, but you don't explain why!

"Other" MUST show the details wrote upon (enc_delay, etc.) but it doesn't do it. I wait for a gentle reply of a quiet guy that knows reply with criterion.
Thanx!

Please show me at least a way to view whatever thing shown in "Others" in the selection properties element. Please let me manipulate a file in way to show that thing... or give me a file that shows that thing.

Reply #11
Please show me at least a way to view whatever thing shown in "Others" in the selection properties element.

For example it would show playback statistics if you had any.

elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #14
Remains the matter that my reasoning is not mistaken: Metadata section matches, Location section matches, General section matches, ReplayGain section matches, and Other section DOESN'T match. It's natural for everybody ask himself why!
Somebody knows why the details wrote upon (enc_delay, etc.) are not shown?

Reply #15
What's up with the tone of this thread!

This is a case of confusing Foobar behavior. Nothing more to understand than that. You have one general element here - that is - file properties.
Properties accessed through a dialog and properties the show via a properties panel.
Both use a sub title OTHER.
Both show different information.
Someone is confused and gets slapped up side the head.
WHY?

terry

Reply #16
shakey tried nicely the first few times.

Reply #17
Someone is confused and gets slapped up side the head.

Please don't use a strict slang turning to me because I'm not english. Thanks.
I hope that there aren't bad words.

shakey tried nicely the first few times.

And his bad behaviour of the last few times is justified by the kindness of the first few times? I deserved this treatment because my behaviour was bad?

Reply #18
havanaloco

quote from me was supportive of you.
sorry for the strict slang.

regards

terry

Reply #19
havanaloco

quote from me was supportive of you.
sorry for the strict slang.

regards

terry

The final "WHY?" and some unknown words let me understand not good.
Don't worry, it's all ok...