Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Play All" (Read 2717 times) previous topic - next topic

"Play All"

The Play All function does not work from inside the music folder. Thanks in adavanced for help and suggestion given.

"Play All"

Reply #1
It should work for MP3s by default. Other formats require you to either change the folder type to music or tell Windows that the files in question are audio. Future foobar version hopefully does the latter by itself. Meanwhile you can use this little registry patch I made.

"Play All"

Reply #2
It should work for MP3s by default. Other formats require you to either change the folder type to music or tell Windows that the files in question are audio. Future foobar version hopefully does the latter by itself. Meanwhile you can use this little registry patch I made.

OK, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried every which way with the folder type & WIndows option with no luck. Didn't work with MP3 either. I ran your registry patch in the Foobar program folder, still no play-all function.
Like you said hopefully newer version should fix this.
[color="#0000FF"][/color]Again, thank you for your help.

"Play All"

Reply #3
Newer version would not do anything extra from what that registry file writes (except support more file formats). For "Play All" to work you also of course need to have foobar2000 installed in standard mode. Portable mode is not supported. And the filetypes you want to play need to be associated from within the program.

"Play All"

Reply #4
My pc have the same behavior. I have Windows XP SP2. The mp3s are associated to foobar2000, the folder is setted as "music folder", the files are good, I click on "play all" but I only listen an error sound (like we are searching to click on a window that cannot be brought on top) without any error messages.
Same behavior selecting a restrict number of files and clicking on "play selection" on the left of the screen.

"Play All"

Reply #5
I completely forgot about XP (all Vista or later here) but that's a bug in foobar's shell extension. It has been reported to Peter but so far not fixed.

"Play All"

Reply #6
Maybe this Peter (I suppose the developer) doesn't intend to support Win XP no more, but if you say that it has been reported so far maybe he forgot it. We can remember it to him.
What I don't understand is... was there an old version of foobar's shell extension that functioned?