Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output / UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (Read 2732 times) previous topic - next topic

UPnP MediaRenderer output / UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point

Hi,

I've installed those two components but my device is not showing up in Output device selection.
I've tried the complete and the portable installation that didn't help.
 The device is the Arcam Solo Music and it is showing up in Windows 10 media network devices so I don't know what could possibly go wrong .

Would you have any advice, please ?

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output / UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point

Reply #1
Up

Please ...
Can't believe I'm stuck with that, a 1300€ DLNA Amp' that doesn't appear on output devices ... Anyone could help me please ?

Reply #2
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, unfortunately these things happen, even the high end expensive audio systems often have annoyingly buggy firmware, in fact most of them (from my first-hand experience) have significant amount of bugs.

This is probably obvious, but just to be sure - is foobar2000 not blocked by any firewall software, etc?

Does foobar2000's UPnP output discover other renderers - such as BubbleUPnP (free version) running on a phone?

Can you please install wireshark link, produce logs of foobar2000 starting up and trying to discover your device, and email them to admin@foobar2000.org for analysis?

Thanks.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Hi, thanx a lot for your feedback.
Foobar2k is not blocked by any firewall and it does discover BubbleUPnP ( here on my Sony Tablet)

I'll do that scan and post it to your adress.

Again, thant you, I'm sorry to feel like I'm pressing on here, it's just that I'm eager to use Foobar in all it's glory :)

Edit : I just have absolutly no idea on how to use Wireshark so I'll just need some time to understand it :)

Reply #4
I must had that The Arcam Solo IS visible here on :

View>UPnP Controler>Open Device

Reply #5
Just a heads-up: thanks for the logs, I've got them, I'll look into them shortly.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
Oh, Thank you very much Peter

Reply #7
Hi, you've probably had too much work to do but may I asked if you've find anything suspicious in the logs ?

Thank you .