Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD Cover Searching (Read 4514 times) previous topic - next topic

CD Cover Searching

Both my music player and PC CD player display cover art for the selected title, so I'm constantly looking for covers.

Are there any good search engines for searching multiple cover sites? I used to use mega-search.net, but they appear to be dead. I need a suitable replacement.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #1
Well, a lot of those cover web sites have been shut down by the RIAA because those cover sites are used by a lot of pirates who download music illegally and want the original cover art.

Some good legit places to check out for cover art is Amazon.com, Buy.com, Walmart.com, and you can try http://images.google.com

CD Cover Searching

Reply #2
perhaps the bands' web sites have the images also.....

CD Cover Searching

Reply #3
I don't think the RIAA would shut down mega-search.net, since they were only a seach engine that produced offsite links.

I need the covers to be at least 500x500 pixels, and walmart.com is perfect for that, but they don't have some of the obscure stuff I listen to.

Usually, I just scan them myself, but if it's a Greatest Hits CD, I prefer to have the cover for the originating album displayed while the track is playing.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #4
Well, I have a website that may be useful for this purpose.

Link removed by moderation.

Maybe you'll find some obscure things... even bootleg atworks.
Alguém pare o mundo que eu quero descer!!

CD Cover Searching

Reply #5
Well, I have a website that may be useful for this purpose.

Link removed by moderation.

Maybe you'll find some obscure things... even bootleg atworks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247657"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, but it doesn't appear they have audio CD covers.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #6
Is it true? Man, that sux.

This link is old, and they used to have all types of covers. Sorry I couldnt help.

Try this one instead: Link removed by moderation.

They have a bunch of advertisments, be aware.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #8
Offensive links removed; please see TOS #9.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #9
I felt a great disturbance in the Forum, as if millions of links suddently cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #10
Try eBay if you are looking for a rare original out-of-print cover. It may take some time, but maybe a seller has a high resolution of a signed LP.

It really annoys me that some reissues comes with new modern covers, especially those 2albums-on-1CD.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #11
Well, since they removed the links, you may try google, like "cd cover download" or something. You may find something useful.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #12
I'm not looking for a site that has CD covers. I'm looking for a site that has links to sites with CD covers. I don't imagine that would violate Rule #9, but I'll just see what I can find on Google and let this thread die.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #13
Why not use tagging software?

CD Cover Searching

Reply #14
Why not use tagging software?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm don't understand what you're suggesting here. All of my files are tagged.

I use [a href="http://www.muzicman.com/]MuzicMan[/url] to organize and play my audio files. The software displays cover art for the selected track.

CD Cover Searching

Reply #15
I'm don't understand what you're suggesting here. All of my files are tagged.

I use MuzicMan to organize and play my audio files. The software displays cover art for the selected track.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Some tagging software (like [a href="http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm]Tag & Rename[/url]) will download cover art (as well as artist bios and album reviews) from various online places.
------- Rick -------
--------------------