Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: autoplaylist sorting question (Read 3467 times) previous topic - next topic

autoplaylist sorting question

sorry it's maybe stupid but can somebody help me with finding a sorting method.
I would like the tracks to be sorted in the autoplaylist on rating and within the rating on playcount so you got something like:
5 stars=> all the songs with 5 stars and then the songs that are played the most till the songs with 5 stars that aren't played a lot
etc. with all the other ratings

Sorry if I'm not clear but my english isn't great so I hope you will forgive me for that...
If you don't understand it just ask than I will try to say it on a other way.

thanks in advance and greets

I'm using Foobar with the autoplaylist and custom info plugin.
My current sorting method is this $sub(999999,%rating%), but I would like something that first sorts on rating and then sorts the same way on playcount.

thanks

Reply #1
Try:
Code: [Select]
$sub(99,%rating%)-$num(%playcount%,10)

Reply #2
thanks for the reply but this doesn't work, the rating sorting is good but it doesn't sort the most played first.

Reply #3
I don't use ether of the playcount plug-ins so I was just guessing  , use whatever you use to display the playcount in playlist/trackinfo/etc.. If that doesn't work it might be a bug, check the appropriate playcount plug-in thread.

Reply #4
Try this if you use official playcount:

$sub(5,%rating%)$sub(9999,%play_count%)

Or this if you use the unofficial playcount:

$sub(5,%rating%)$sub(9999,%play_counter%)

They should work (if your ratings are from 0-5)..

Reply #5
thanks these work

Reply #6
sorry for the n00b question, but i cant see where to put this code.. help?

Reply #7
you have to have the autoplaylist plugin.
when you have it you got to put it in sort format...

Reply #8
i have autoplaylist manager 1.0 listed in my components.. is this what you mean? i dont see any config options for it in prefs.. where do i look?

Reply #9
you have to look in your menu in library not in preferences

Reply #10
oh ok my problem that got me confused is that if i leave the query box empty i get 'invalid filter string'... but what do i query if i just want to listsort my enitre music directory?

[edit: seems to work if i just put: .]