Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2k - Is double installation possible ? (Read 2913 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2k - Is double installation possible ?

Hello everyone,

I would like to have two distinct installations of foobar 2000 on my computer corresponding to two different usages:
    - at home, linked to my NAS for my music files and to an external sound card;
    - not at home, using an external hard drive for the audio files and the main output of the computer.

For now each time I switch locations I have to switch the output, and refetch the audio files...

I have been searching over the web and I tried messing up with the parameters (I even looked in the registery) but no luck so far, that's why I'm asking you if know if it can be done, and how.
Thanks a lot!

Reply #1
using portable mode, you can have as many installations as you like.

Reply #2
Looks like it works!

Thanks a lot

Reply #3
Have you tried installing in portable mode? This means that the two installations would keep all of their files in their own folder, without touching AppData or anything, meaning they shouldn't interfere at all. Not sure if that would solve your problem, though.

Woops, I've been beaten to it!

Reply #4
Can I have one or several portable installations on my computer as well as one standard installation?  thanks

Reply #5
yes