Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Editing Tags on Itunes VBR AAC (Read 3977 times) previous topic - next topic

Editing Tags on Itunes VBR AAC

Why is it that when you edit an itunes encoded vbr file using mp3tag or the tag editing functions of dbpoweramp that it changes to non vbr when displayed on itunes? Does this do anything bad to the file? Sorry for the ignorant question but this is a bug that I just wanted to point out in case it hasn't been discussed here yet.

So ex... 192kbps(vbr) as displayed on the itunes window once edited just displays as 192kbps losing the vbr

Reply #1
Anyone?

Reply #2
I'll take a stab.  There is no standard for AAC tags and iTunes has it's own format for tags.  I've had this happen before with AAC files and my cell phone, where if I edited the tags with mp3tag, my cell phone would no longer read the genre tag in the file.  Your file hasn't changed at all, just the tag.

Reply #3
FYI, f2k doesn't display the (VBR) from an iTunes encoded file, even before doing any type of tag editing...Hope that makes you feel better...

Reply #4
FYI, f2k doesn't display the (VBR) from an iTunes encoded file, even before doing any type of tag editing...Hope that makes you feel better...

I was speaking of the itunes display, not foobar

Reply #5
Sorry!..I should have replied with a FWIW instead..Hoping this would make you feel better..