Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: reference.wav for DAE Quality (Read 6568 times) previous topic - next topic

reference.wav for DAE Quality

Does anyone have the reference.wav file that is generated by Andre's "CreateReference.exe"? I don't feel like waiting 10 hours or more to have it generated on my Pentium 4... Wondering why it takes so long.

Reply #1
Does anyone have the reference.wav file that is generated by Andre's "CreateReference.exe"? I don't feel like waiting 10 hours or more to have it generated on my Pentium 4... Wondering why it takes so long.

Sorry, I don't have the reference.wav, but I'm also interested to find out if someone has it? BTW, Where can I get CreateReference.exe? I couldn't find it on google.

Reply #4
Sebastian,

If you can wait I'll create the file, compress and upload it to my webspace. It may take about ten hours though.

7.0% Done - Estimated Remaining  2:44:18 ...
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #5
I can have a FLAC version posted on my website in about 2 and a half hour. Let me know if you want it.

Reply #8
Found out that WavPack creates an even smaller file: 308 MB

What hardware did you use that the file was ready in only two and a half hours?

I'm just using an over-clocked AMD (2.4Ghz Barton) mobile XP. It took about 2 hours and and then about 20 minutes to upload the file.

/Mike