Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunesEncode and folders (Read 2166 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunesEncode and folders

I may be missing something, as I don't recall this being an issue in the past, but is it possible to have the artist folders automatically deleted from the iTunes Music folder along with the files?  Or do I just need to do this manually?

Thanks.

In addition, Foobar reports "Invalid parameters" when I try to encode without specifying an output file.  If I'm reading the iTunesEncode readme file correctly, I should be able to successfully do this, which will just leave the encoded files in the iTunes Music folder and Library.  And if this is successful, will Foobar leave empty output folders?

Here is my Foobar string:
-e "AAC Encoder" -a "%artist%" -l "%album%" -t "%title%" -g "%genre%" -y %date% -n %tracknumber% -c "%comment%" -i %s

I also tried it with "-o" at the end, but no "%d".
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

iTunesEncode and folders

Reply #1
I may be missing something, as I don't recall this being an issue in the past, but is it possible to have the artist folders automatically deleted from the iTunes Music folder along with the files?  Or do I just need to do this manually?

You just need to do it manually.

In addition, Foobar reports "Invalid parameters" when I try to encode without specifying an output file.  If I'm reading the iTunesEncode readme file correctly, I should be able to successfully do this, which will just leave the encoded files in the iTunes Music folder and Library.  And if this is successful, will Foobar leave empty output folders?

Here is my Foobar string:
-e "AAC Encoder" -a "%artist%" -l "%album%" -t "%title%" -g "%genre%" -y %date% -n %tracknumber% -c "%comment%" -i %s

I also tried it with "-o" at the end, but no "%d".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=340843"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dunno. Sounds like a foobar problem to me. iTunesEncode will accept that command line.