Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726195 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #575
Yirkha
Could you possibly implement Window Message with param 126 (mode 1 - bitrate, now it just shows 0; modes 0 and 2 are now working as intended)?
Thank for your hard work. Waiting for Shpeck Forever impatiently.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #576
I've been using this with DUI for a while with no problems.  I just recently tried giving CUI a shot, and I'm running into issues.

I have a Shpeck panel (with Milkdrop2) on one of my tabs, and I'm having trouble getting it to auto-start.  I have the autostart setting checked, and the "integrate with Winamp skin" is checked in the Milkdrop properties. 

If, when starting foobar, the Shpeck tab is visible, it will run within the integrated panel.  When switching between tabs, Shpeck continues to work.  Now, if the Shpeck tab is not visible when starting foobar, it will not auto-start when switching to the Shpeck tab.  If I try to manually start Shpeck, it appears in a separate window, rather than the integrated panel.

I'm using the latest versions of foobar, Shpeck, and Milkdrop.  Any help would be appreciated.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #577
hi, i need some help with shpeck. It works fine with AVS, but i really only got it to use it with milkdrop 2, and this doesn't show up on the list of plug-ins.

i have done everything i have found suggested on the internet, i have infested my directories with nscrt.dll (both the foobar, and winamp directories, and all relevant sub-directories, and also the windows system folders)

i also tried making a directory inside my foobar directory, with just the winamp.exe and the plugin folder, it still only finds AVS.

if this has been posted already and answered already, then i apologise, but i cannot find it if it has.

here are some specs:
windows 7 ultimate
3.16ghz dual core
4gb ram
ati 3600 hd gpu

latest foobar2000
latest winamp

Thanks for any help!
-Uzalu
Uzalu ulazU

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #578
The solution to your issue is contained in the previous posts of this very thread.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #579
So I tried the new 1.1 beta 1 install of fb2k and guess what?
foo_vis_schpeck isn't recognizing milkdrop anymore...
don't know what is causing it but just thought I'd put it out there

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #580
I just updated to the beta and made special note to look for this issue.

The beta installer moves the {foobar2000_installation_dir}\components\shpeck\Plugins folder to %AppData%\foobar2000\user-components\foo_vis_shpeck\shpeck\shpeck\Plugins (yes, with two nested directories named "shpeck") if you choose the new per-user component method. All you need to do is move the Plugins directory up a level (completely optional, but I do it for sanity) and tell the plugin where the folder is.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #581
Thanks for reporting. One late change to installer broke this and the bug went unnoticed.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #582
Here you go, MilkDrop 2.2 complete package. Just unpack it to the foobar2000/components folder and point to the foobar2000/components/winamp in foo_vis_shpeck configuration.

Thanks, but every time I try to start it or edit the config, I get the following alert:

---------------------------
DirectX Missing or Corrupt
Failed to initialize DirectX 9.0 or later; it is either missing or corrupt.
The latest version of DirectX must be installed before you can run this plugin!

Would you like to be taken to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx
where you can download the latest version of DirectX?

Please click YES to open this page in your default web browser,
or NO to simply return to Winamp.
Yes  No 

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, so I wouldn't think that DirectX would be an issue.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #583
directx is updated every few months so you really should install the latest version.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #585
I just updated to the 1.1 beta 1 as well. I use the portable edition.

I just ran the dxwebsetup to make sure my directx is fully up to date.

I placed a folder inside my foobar2000 portable installation folder called Winamp/ and it contains its full original plugin folder which contains AVS, Milkdrop2 and a few other visualization plugins. The Winamp/ folder also contains the winamp.exe and a nscrt.dll for good measure.

I'm using the user-components installation btw.

My problem is that I can't get shpeck to detect anything other then AVS. I tried refreshing and everything else I could think of and I can't get it to see Milkdrop.

Any ideas on why that is?

Thanks!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #586
Thanks Zarggg, i fixed this a little while ago. just got the edited dll from... somewhere.
Uzalu ulazU

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #587
I just updated to the 1.1 beta 1 as well. I use the portable edition.

I just ran the dxwebsetup to make sure my directx is fully up to date.

I placed a folder inside my foobar2000 portable installation folder called Winamp/ and it contains its full original plugin folder which contains AVS, Milkdrop2 and a few other visualization plugins. The Winamp/ folder also contains the winamp.exe and a nscrt.dll for good measure.

I'm using the user-components installation btw.

My problem is that I can't get shpeck to detect anything other then AVS. I tried refreshing and everything else I could think of and I can't get it to see Milkdrop.

Any ideas on why that is?

Thanks!

yes, i'v got this problem too.
and milkdrop 1.04 is working well now.
maybe is a bug of foobar2000?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #588
Can't load the newest Milkdrop.

Whenever I try to refresh the list I get this:

Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the c runtime library incorrectly.

AVS 2.83 and Milkdrop 1.04 work fine.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #589
Is the author of shpeck not actively developing the component anymore? With the latest releases of foobar shpeck no longer recognizes my graphics card, so I'm stuck with the default settings.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #590
that is because you need to run foobar2000 as administrator to be able to change any of the settings for some weird reason.
It supposedly works without elevation in Winamp though. Anyone care to look into this?

I do not have anything in the registry related to Winamp as I have never installed Winamp on this computer. If MIlkdrop depends on registry settings in order to load/save configuration to the per-user folders then this should be handled by Shpeck. Shpeck could add the required data to the registry upon first load.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #591
that is because you need to run foobar2000 as administrator to be able to change any of the settings for some weird reason.
It supposedly works without elevation in Winamp though. Anyone care to look into this?

I do not have anything in the registry related to Winamp as I have never installed Winamp on this computer. If MIlkdrop depends on registry settings in order to load/save configuration to the per-user folders then this should be handled by Shpeck. Shpeck could add the required data to the registry upon first load.

But... I am running as an admin...

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #592
Foobar 1.1 beta breaks Shpeck.

In my case, the Winamp plugins like AVS and Milkdrop 2 gets detected,
but when I open a Shpeck window or 'configure' the plugins, it says that
it could not load the DLL.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #593
I'm currently using the modified Milkdrop 2 package that was uploaded here, with foobar2000 1.1 beta 2.  No problems.

I'm using a portable foobar install, with a fake winamp.exe in the main directory, and a plugins subdirectory containing Milkdrop 2.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #594
I'm currently using the modified Milkdrop 2 package that was uploaded here, with foobar2000 1.1 beta 2.  No problems.

I'm using a portable foobar install, with a fake winamp.exe in the main directory, and a plugins subdirectory containing Milkdrop 2.

Link to modded Milkdrop 2?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #595

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=712461

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #596

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=712461

Great, but now Milkdrop 1.04 crashes.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #597
See [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=651932']this[/a] or the following post for solutions.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #598
Using the latest version with Milkdrop 2.21 and pressing either "View Website" or "View Docs" in the MilkDrop configuration dialog will crash foobar.
I've sent the crash report which contains (as well as in the console)  the following lines :
Code: [Select]
[Shpeck] Unsupported WM_WA_IPC 1336 (param = 0)
[Shpeck] Unsupported WM_WA_IPC 1335 (param = 0)
[Shpeck] Unsupported WM_WA_IPC 3044 (param = 0)
[Shpeck] Unsupported WM_WA_IPC 1336 (param = 0)
[Shpeck] Unsupported WM_WA_IPC 1335 (param = 0)
[Shpeck] Unsupported WM_WA_IPC 3044 (param = 0)
Foobar V1.1 beta 3, shpeck 0.3.7