Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vaguely Broken Musepack Files... (Read 18186 times) previous topic - next topic

Vaguely Broken Musepack Files...

VLC works fine on Windows/Linux to play my SV8 files, but I'm having a heck of a time finding an Android build that does. Any leads?

Reply #1
VLC works fine on Windows/Linux to play my SV8 files, but I'm having a heck of a time finding an Android build that does. Any leads?

I just tested standard, extreme and insane samples. And nightlies work for me.
Giving more details about how it's not working for you might help.

On another note, XBMC plays those files too. Not that I needed it here, but XBMC proved to be a reliable last resort for me in the past.

Reply #2
ffmpeg supports SV8, so anything using an ffmpeg version from the last few years should do it.

Reply #3
Could it be just a particular file(s)?
Which build did you use to create the files, the official one (dated 2009-04-02) or some later?

Reply #4
Files created using foobar2000's Converter with standard settings do not work. Yes, I'm using the 2009 mpcenc build.

Files created using foobar2000's Converter using the "decode to temp file" feature do work.

Problem solved, though I'm not sure why or where the bug lies.

Edit: http://baryon.ca/nope.mpc is an example of a broken file.

Reply #5
I tested some of my V8 files and those did not work either in VLC on Android (they are just skipped and not played). The files were created with foobar and the latest version of musepack (1.30.0 stable) and --standard setting.

They work fine on my prefered music player called DeadBeef.

Reply #6
ffmpeg supports SV8, so anything using an ffmpeg version from the last few years should do it.

Having a solid core is one thing, and wrapping around it properly is another.

Case in point, XBMC plays Canar's file properly too.

Edit: http://baryon.ca/nope.mpc is an example of a broken file.

This log entry might be relevant:

Code: [Select]
(29575): core decoder: Could not convert timestamp 988076013825