Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: creative asio driver only records "what you hear" can't  (Read 2165 times) previous topic - next topic

creative asio driver only records "what you hear" can't

creative asio driver only records "what you hear" can't record mic only

Got a creative x-fi titanium sound card. In sony acid got a few tracks testing stuff out and not possible to record just the mic while other tracks are going without it recording all of it. Using the creative asio drivers in acid. Can get it to record just the mic while the other tracks are going if i use the microsoft sound mapper drivers in acid. In the soundcard settings there's entertainment mode, and audio creation mode. In the audio creation mode cant seem to choose 'what you hear' or mic/line-in that it records. In the entertainment mode you can at least choose which one. Can only choose one volume level and setting at a time but even if you're in mic to record it still uses the 'what you hear' level and records that. Looked around online and can't really find anything about this.

creative asio driver only records "what you hear" can't

Reply #1
got it going.. ran the creative update and got some new drivers. Was still the same before but noticed if i was in the creative audio creation mode, then started acid.. now for each track there was the mic record options. If i have the creative mixer set to entertainment then start acid the record options are only the mix of front left and right.. no mic. If i switch creative mixer modes while acid is running they dont change so have to restart acid to get the recording options. I'd delete the topic but doesnt seem like an option.