Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: GAPLESS Playback now in iPods - New! (Read 294566 times) previous topic - next topic

GAPLESS Playback now in iPods - New!

Reply #300
clunesy, the 5.5G iPods require iTunes 7.0 and above so that is out of the question.

You can use iTunes 7.0.2 to sync only videos, just don't add any audio to your iTunes library.  Then tell iTunes not to automatically sync anything.  Then just drag-and-drop your videos into iTunes, edit their tags, then just drag-and-drop your videos onto your iPod through iTunes.  So you can use iTunes only to sync videos if that is what you want, just make sure to take off auto syncing features.  Even then, you can have iTunes automatically only sync your videos onto your iPod while leaving all your audio alone (like I said, just don't add it to your iTunes library).

GAPLESS Playback now in iPods - New!

Reply #301
Even if you turn off autosync, when you drag the videos to the ipod, itune 7.x wades in and starts scanning for gapless tracks, and in turn, destroys all customisation of your itunesDB for the tracks it looks at. There is no way to make it not start doing this. You can click stop, but by this time, it has altered 3 or 4 tracks, and you don't know what they are to go and repair them.

I'm able to use 6.0.5 to load videos, as my ipod is 5G original. I can't upgrade until there is a way to disable gapless calculation, or a workaround. I asked about 5.5Gs and 6.0.5 because my sister has one, and I'll have to load it for her.