Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Android Players that support filtering/sorting/playlist creation (like fb2k) or ... (Read 689 times) previous topic - next topic

Android Players that support filtering/sorting/playlist creation (like fb2k) or ...

Ok, first if this is not the place to post such a question I apologies in advance but with all the audio nerds I figured this might be a good place to start?
I am having difficulty finding an android music player that either supports fairly granular filtering/sorting/playlist creation (like fb2k) or somehow supports syncing from my computer were I can create playlists then sync them with my android phone.

I love poweramp and neutron (ios only?) but they still dont seem to have the ability to do either of the above. An example would be to filter based on a custom metadata feild like "mood" and rating and then save the output to a playlist OR where i could create such playlists on my computer (using fb2k of course) and then sync it with my phone and have the player understand it (but fb2k puts paths in in terms of drive letters and \ where as android doesn't use drives and uses the *nix structure using /

Any suggestions on solutions or maybe more appropriate active forums would be suuuper appreciated!

Re: Android Players that support filtering/sorting/playlist creation (like fb2k) or ...

Reply #1
If you know the path format each playlist entry must have for your mobile app, you can probably get foo_texttools to create something that works in fb2k.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_texttools

It doesn't save to file but it might be usable.

Re: Android Players that support filtering/sorting/playlist creation (like fb2k) or ...

Reply #2
Ohhh, I should have known fb2k might have a solution itself! Thanks for pointing me to that, will check it out (fingers crossed).

Reply #3
I forgot to mention you'd have to do a bit of title formatting gymnastics to make it do what you want. I kind of forget not everyone is a nerd like me. But maybe you're nerdier? :P

As an example, this

Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,E:,,\,/)

would transform this

E:\Music\Mixes\Easygroove - Dream.mp3

to

/Music/Mixes/Easygroove - Dream.mp3

Reply #4
Using fb2k desktop if you don't need the original directory structure of the files in the playlist , you could use the Files operations copy method to create files using %list_index% as the prefix to keep the original playlists order.
The idea is to create a folder with your playlist entries (in the same order) which doesn't need paths.

Process:

Select all files in a playlist
Right click > File Operations > Copy
Destination Folder (select/create a folder to save the files e.g. "My mood playlist")
File name pattern
$num(%list_index%,3) - %artist% - %title%
Run

Copy the folder over to the phone.
Browse into directory and play.

::) limitation is that artwork covers must be embedded to be displayed on phone.