Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413450 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #225
If I have to download all the lyrics manually and insert them into the ID3 tag, then what is the point of LyricsDB?

Read the first post in this topic. LyricsDB will download the lyrics from it's database and save them in the ID3 tag. That's the point. Select your music tracks, click 'Get from db' in the context menu and you have your lyrics.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #226

If I have to download all the lyrics manually and insert them into the ID3 tag, then what is the point of LyricsDB?

Read the first post in this topic. LyricsDB will download the lyrics from it's database and save them in the ID3 tag. That's the point. Select your music tracks, click 'Get from db' in the context menu and you have your lyrics.

Oh right, thx

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #227

Or you might (should?) contribute uploading YOUR lyrics to LyricsDB.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #228

Or you might (should?) contribute uploading YOUR lyrics to LyricsDB.

Alessandro

My biggest problem is trying to get the lyrics show to fit into the right side of the screen, it is actually excessively hard

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #229
My biggest problem is trying to get the lyrics show to fit into the right side of the screen, it is actually excessively hard
I use the trackinfo panel (suggested a few posts ago) and I don't find it hard to configure and use: probably the most "problematic" (if you are new to this) step is configuring ColumnsUI.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #230
Do I need foo_uie_lyrics to show the lyrics downloaded with foo_lyrics? Or it creates a new panel for itself?
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #231
Do I need foo_uie_lyrics to show the lyrics downloaded with foo_lyrics? Or it creates a new panel for itself?
Are you talking about foo_lyricsdb? If so, then the answer is no to both questions.

You CAN (I suppose, as I don't use this plugin) view your lyrics with foo_uie_lyrics/foo_uie_lyrics_panel, but you can also use (do I hear an echo in here? ) foo_uie_trackinfo, IF your lyrics have NO timestamps.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #232
I use the trackinfo panel (suggested a few posts ago) and I don't find it hard to configure and use: probably the most "problematic" (if you are new to this) step is configuring ColumnsUI.

Alessandro

ColumnsUI is exactly my problem, dunno how to get it on the far right side

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #233
ColumnsUI is exactly my problem, dunno how to get it on the far right side
See here (that's an example with tabbed panels: you can replace it with trackinfo if not needed).

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #234
I've a problem with the Lyrics-Plugin.

I just wanted to get the lyrics for some songs of the album Himmelfahrt from Megaherz. The songs are in the Database. But when i select "get lyrics from db" there comes a message "connected to database but lyrics not found".

Am I the only one with this problem?
I'me registered an my nick is walla. 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #235
I've a problem with the Lyrics-Plugin.

I just wanted to get the lyrics for some songs of the album Himmelfahrt from Megaherz. The songs are in the Database. But when i select "get lyrics from db" there comes a message "connected to database but lyrics not found".

Am I the only one with this problem?
I'me registered an my nick is walla. 

No, unfortunately you are not. Tell me please exactly what lyrics you are trying to reach.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #236
I also noticed some issues with getting lyrics..

sometimes some non-standart letters (like ä ö ü or sometimes quotes ' ") show up as these annoying boxes or some other weird symbols. And if that's the case the plugin wont get the lyrics. Is it a problem with my machine, as i removed all the languages and symbols that i dont need, or is it an issue with the plugin/database?

EXAMPLE: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/rammstein/bückdich.txt wont work :/

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #237
No, unfortunately you are not. Tell me please exactly what lyrics you are trying to reach.

Here are the songs from Megaherz - Himmelfahrt:

01. du Oder Ich
02. Himmelfahrt
03. Showdown
04. Menschmachine
05. Windkind
06. Falsche Götter
07. Ruf Mich an
08. Hurra - Wir Leben Noch
09. das Licht Am Ende Der Welt
10. Beiss Mich
11. Tötet Den DJ
12. Tanz Auf Dem Vulkan

No lyric is found also all are uploaded.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #238
This may not be the right spot to post this, but I thought that it would be the most appropriate.  When I save lyrics to mt MP3s and display them in foobar2000 (using a Track Info panel) each line shows the return character.  I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and what they do to correct it.

Here is an example:

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #241
Dug, I seem to have found a bug:

1. Search for a lyric (I do this via a shortcut)
2. Press cancel
-> the dialog stays there and only vanishes, if you restart foobar

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #242
Is there a way to timestamp the lyrics foo_lyricsdb tags and how do I make  foo_uie_lyrics show them ?
I tried to timestamp them manually, but foo_uie_lyrics displays the [] brackets instead of using them ..

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #243
For adding the time-tags i use foo_uie_lyrics_panel. http://foobar.s53.xrea.com/up/files/up177.zip

Though it doesnt save the lyrics (at least it doesnt for me) you have to switch to switch to text edit, copy it and past it with file properties or lyrics_db.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #245

Will there be a version which downloads and saves the lyrics as .lrc-file?

Just after already existing funcions will be stable and perform what they should. That feature was requested a couple of times, so I will add it, yes.

Are we there yet?

I'd like to see this feature too. Also I would like lyricsDB to download lyrics automatically if there are none presented.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #246
i just got another little question, so far lyric panel + lyricdb is simply no option for me, cause i seem to have 98% tracks which cant be found in the net by these plugins.

i need lyrics for the genres harder rock and all kinds of metal lyrics. so it would be nice if anybody else found a server which can be implemented in the lyricsdb.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #247
If you don't find the lyrics on LyricsDB, search the web for them, add them to your files and export them to LyricsDB. That's what LyricsDB has been made for.

EDIT: Since the new beta, tag writing with lyricsdb makes foobar crash. Playback stops and foobar stops responding. Tag gets applied anyways.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #248
EDIT: Since the new beta, tag writing with lyricsdb makes foobar crash. Playback stops and foobar stops responding. Tag gets applied anyways.

Having the exact same problem since upgrading to v0.93 beta 1

Is anyone working to solve this?

btw I adore this plugin thanks for shitting it into existence
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #249

Having the exact same problem since upgrading to v0.93 beta 1

Is anyone working to solve this?

btw I adore this plugin thanks for shitting it into existence

I have this same problem =/ It'd be nice if this issue was fixed.

~JzE