Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Custom tags wiped when tags updated. Playback Statistics. (Read 1486 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom tags wiped when tags updated. Playback Statistics.

Recently updated to v1.2.5 and Playback Statistics 3.0.2.

I'm finding that whenever a songs stats get updated, rating, play count..etc. Any custom tags of my own such as BAND, NOTES..etc are getting removed from the song files completely.

I do synchronize file tags with stats for safety, but i'm not 100% sure what is causing this. I have reverted back to my 1.1.5 install until this is fixed or we figure out what is wrong.

Reply #1
BAND shouldn't be wiped. it should now show as album artist because of these changes in 1.1.6

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...y_1.1.6_changes

The ALBUM ARTIST field is now mapped to the ID3v2 TPE2 (BAND) frame. ALBUM ARTIST entries written by older foobar2000 versions are still being read.

i have no idea what is happening to your other tags though.

Reply #2
Ah ha, that makes sense, I must have over looked that when reviewing changes.

I suppose my last question would be, how does foobar know when to use band or album artist. My entire database they can both have different values. I'll look for this preference change to disable this functionality.