Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 controller PRO can't detect PC IP anymore (Read 3122 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 controller PRO can't detect PC IP anymore

Well, since some weeks ago, foobar2K controller PRO Android app can't find the IP from one of my PCs where foobar2000 is installed. Everything is set up correctly: HTTP Control 0.97.14-fb2kc component is installed, and I can access the foobar2000 interface on 127.0.0.1:8888 through the browser. I've set a local IP for my PC and added it to "Listen on" box on HTTP Control options, but the foobar2K Controller can't find the IP. I even port forwarded the port 8888 on both TCP/UDP protocols, and choosing the PC local/LAN IP. As UPnP is enabled on my router, I shouldn't even need to do this, but I did just in case.

Looks like it's the app for some reason has broken UPnP support and refuses to find the PC, because other PCs in my local network and file manager apps like Root Explorer (SMB server) can detect and connect to my PC just fine. I wiped the app cache and data, and started the connection wizard again, but it didn't work either. Does anyone have an idea on how to make the foobar2K Controller app find my PC, or is the app broken forever? Thanks in advance.

info:
foobar2000 version: v1.4 beta 15

Re: foobar2000 controller PRO can't detect PC IP anymore

Reply #1
I managed to fix this, for some reason my network connections, both Ethernet and Wi-fi, were assigned public instead of private. I changed both connections to private networks via Settings, and then set fixed local IPs for both, and foobar2000 Controller is now able to detect the PCs again. :)