Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_joystick_control plugin (Read 40290 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_joystick_control plugin

Hello all!

I have just created a plugin to control song playback via joystick buttons

The plugin can be downloaded from http://foobar2000.mofo.ca/joystick_control
It's my first release, and is a little basic, as the joystick axis aren't supported. But if I get some feedback i'll be willing to expand it.

I have been using this plugin with a 4 button gamepad for about 3 weeks now and haven't run into any problems.

Should I add this to "Verified components for foobar2000" or anywhere else for that matter?

Cheers,
Alexi

Reply #2
Cool, I hope you continue development. I think your component is definitely an important addition, and should be added to all of the usual lists. Good luck, and thanks!

{edit} * added to Wiki - here

Reply #4
Thanks for this great plugin.
Works fine here

Some suggestions:
Enable all the joystyck buttons and add more commands.
An option for activate/deactivate the global joystick button actions like in keyboard shortcuts (i run games and foobar at the same time)
last.fm/user/boces

Reply #5
Version 0.0.2 has been released. It's very minor but includes support for
  • 8 buttons (i haven't had the time to figure out how to dynamically detect out how many a given joystick supports)
  • limited volume control - it requires that you repeatedly push a button to turn down/up. Holding it down will not make things any faster.

I haven't been able to test this with an 8 button joystick, so if anyone has more than 4 buttons I would like to know if they work.

Cheers,
Alexi

Reply #6
Excellent! thanks.
8 buttons working (Playstation gamepad 12 buttons)
keep improving.
last.fm/user/boces

Reply #7
Yay!! Kick Ass Plugin! Thank you very much!
What about other buttons, and more "actions"?

Reply #8

Are there any actions you would like to see for the next release? Please give me some examples of things you would like to see. Thanks

Reply #9

Are there any actions you would like to see for the next release? Please give me some examples of things you would like to see. Thanks

show now playing,activate/hide,stop after current and if possible foo_run services.
thanks
last.fm/user/boces

Reply #11
I have just posted a new version which detects the amount of joystick buttons and supports up to 32 mappings.

Sorry but I haven't added any new actions yet

Reply #12
Thx

I use this plugin a lot. it's great.

if it's has more action.than it will be super awsome.

thanks anyway.

Reply #13
Is there have any component support multimedia function button in keyboard or mouse to control foobar?

Reply #14
It don't work! whats my fault?
In the console is displayed:
number of buttons : 9
number of axes : 3
but it don't work! any idea of the problem?

Reply #15
Can anyone help?
I installed this plugin a while back, and for a week or two, it worked perfectly but it suddenly just stopped. Don't know what the problem is. I haven't bothered looking to fix this yet, but in the week or two it worked, it proved fairly useful. It's a 12-button firestorm which has had it's own problems, but which perfectly with any game I wish to play on. Am I missing something obvious?
If at first you don't succeed, so much for hang-gliding

Reply #16
try older version.

i have same ploblem too. change back to 0.2 fix the ploblem

Reply #17
and how could I get this? on the webpage is only the new one..

//Edit:
OK, I had found it on the offical 3rd party components page

I'm curious about new functions... keep on working!

Reply #18
It doesn't work for me - my joystick does nothing and no mention of joysticks is made in the console.

Are there any prerequisite DLLs required or something like that?

Reply #19
I've posted a new version. I hope this will fix the problems with some joysticks.
This one has Axis mapping

-Alexi

elziko: There aren't any DLL dependencies as far as I am aware. Give the new version a shot.

Reply #20
I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. Is there a way to assign the action of dragging the playback slider bar back and forth to the analog sticks?

Reply #21
Sorry. Just ignore this post.

Reply #22
hi. great plugin.

i would like to see more options - fastforward, rewind,rpeat playlist track album, suffle playlist, album, and so on

geep up the good work

Reply #23
I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. Is there a way to assign the action of dragging the playback slider bar back and forth to the analog sticks?

Any idea what the analog sticks come up as under the joystick properties?