Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc. (Read 676461 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc.

Reply #1100
It's a good thing that nobody can hear frequencies that high.

Reply #1101
Most codec designs take the frequencies that most people can't hear as a good spot to shave some bytes. And cutting them off is one way to do it.

Reply #1102
I know the reasoning behind this. I just whink it would be nice to be able to reproduce the whole spectrum when I'm using such high bitrate.

Reply #1103
Can qaac encoder decode 16/44.1 hdcd wav to lossless 24/44.1 file? I have some hdcds and want to convert them to itunes plus aac.
Can I convert the 16/44.1 hdcd wav to itunes plus aac directly and gain the same quality as lossless 24/44.1 hdcd wav converted to itunes plus aac? Or can the qaac encoder directly decode the 16/44.1 hdcd wav to a lossless IEEE32/44.1 wav? Maybe it needs a hdcd filter to decode hdcd necessarily?

Reply #1104
I think U need HDCD decoder
By converting HDCD to 24/44.1 PCM first you don't gain any extra quality as foobar decodes everything to appropriate PCM first before using the source data.

Reply #1105
does the hdcd filter in fb2k will extend the extra information of hdcd automatically when I convert the 16/44.1 hdcd wav to the 24bit?

Reply #1106
It should do that by default but make sure the "Enable decode postprocessing" setting is active under Processing section.

Reply #1107
yes,"Enable decode postprocessing" is turning on.and what about the quality of the hdcd filter in fb2k? I want to make sure the sound quality kept great after I convert the result to itunes plus aac

Reply #1108
Feature Request.  iTunes is now a Windows Store App (who would have guessed).  So, the assumed locations of the dlls is no longer valid.  In a clean build of Windows 10, the dlls are under the WindowsApps directory.  Can qaac64.exe be made to work with this new configuration (i.e. looking at both Program Files, now legacy, and WindowsApps directories)?  Is there any information on using the makeportable command,

Reply #1109
Feature Request.  iTunes is now a Windows Store App (who would have guessed).  So, the assumed locations of the dlls is no longer valid.  In a clean build of Windows 10, the dlls are under the WindowsApps directory.  Can qaac64.exe be made to work with this new configuration (i.e. looking at both Program Files, now legacy, and WindowsApps directories)? 

As far as I can see, UWP iTunes requires Windows 10 16299.0 or later, x86_64 only (no 32bit  DLLs installed).
To support it, we need to query install location of iTunes by an obscure package family name "AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa" using package query API available only on Windows 8 or later , and still impossible to support 32bit version of qaac.
And what's the point? How UWP version is better than the "legacy" one?
In short, I don't want to do that.
Is there any information on using the makeportable command,
Just download iTunes installer from https://www.apple.com/jp/itunes/download/, place makeportable.cmd and installer in the same folder and run makeportable.cmd.
You will get qtfiles foder (and qtfiles64 folder in case of 64bit installer). Move those folders to the same folder as qaac.
Done.

Reply #1110
I've investigated on this further, and tried to implement loading CoreAudioToolbox.dll of UWP iTunes with no success. LoadLibrary() call simply fails with "access denied".
If you look at the security property of CoreAudioToolbox.dll, you will see that an ordinary "Users" is allowed to execute it only when WIN://SYSAPPID contains package FamilyName of iTunes  (AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa).
Honestly I know almost nothing about UWP but I guess all of these are for securing UWP application model, and I don't think there's a way to easily bypass it.

Reply #1111
I hope somebody still reads this topic. 
QAAC 2.67 writes a non-zero value to m4a file.  Is there any way to disable this feature or is there a tag/file editor that would be able to change that _bitrate tag to a 0?    I need that for... compatibility.

Thanks in advance

SD

Reply #1112
HI
I would like to know what's the QAAC's limitation for output name length. Sometimes I get encoder errors due to title is very long.
So I suppose there should be always $cut(...) used around the file pattern to be safe for any conversion.

Reply #1113
HI
I would like to know what's the QAAC's limitation for output name length. Sometimes I get encoder errors due to title is very long.
So I suppose there should be always $cut(...) used around the file pattern to be safe for any conversion.
Since you mention $cut(), I assume you are running qaac from foobar2000 converter.
The converter of foobar2000 always let the encoder output to a temporary file (in the destination folder) named like temp-xxxxxxxx.m4a, and foobar2000 renames the file after encoding has finished. Therefore, the error you are seeing (due to name too long)  has nothing to do with qaac, and is happening on foobar2000 side.
And if you are using Windows, each path component cannot be longer than 255 chars. This also is not specific to qaac.

Reply #1114
I see now, made it bug report to foobar frontend.

Reply #1115
You could try setting Windows Environmental Variables TEMP and TMP for User to something shorter like C:\Temp and C:\Tmp. Though don't know if Foobar2000 uses them.

Reply #1116
Good day.

Please Tell me, how can i remove or disable the following tags?
-Encoded date
-Tagged date

Reply #1117
Please Tell me, how can i remove or disable the following tags?
-Encoded date
-Tagged date
You cannot.
They are not ordinary tags. Every MP4 file has creation time and modification time in movie / track / media header, and MediaInfo shows them as Encoded date/Tagged date.

Reply #1118
I guess an alternate is to use an irrelevant date, in the far past like: 1/1/1900 or far future 2099.
(If it allows for that range).

Reply #1119
A new QAAC has been posted:

MP4Source: when channel layout is not present in the ALAC magic cookie, defaulting to more appropriate channel layout.
libmp4v2: fixed an issue reading chunk offsets in co64 box (typically present in MP4 file bigger than 4GB).

Download:
https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet/qaac_2.68.zip

Reply #1120
Is it possible to use 2 pipes with QAAC and FFMPEG?

I was trying to do something like this:
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg.exe -i test.mkv -f wav - | qaac.exe - -o - | ffmpeg.exe -i test.mkv -i - -map 0:v -map 0:s -map 1:a -c:v copy -c:s copy -c:a copy test_aac.mkv

But it's not working.

The obvious workaround is to write the AAC to a temp file and mux it in a second step with the MKV.
But I was wondering if I could avoid the use of the temp file.

Reply #1121
qaac writes to m4a file?
IIRC it requires to be amended at the very beginning and that could be reason to fail
maybe if you could instruct qaac to write to some kind of headerless file...
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #1122
Use:
qaac.exe --adts --no-delay - -o -