Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music skipping at set intervals  (Read 605 times) previous topic - next topic

Music skipping at set intervals

I've been using Foobar for years, and this started happening a few weeks ago.

The music skips for a split second every 10 seconds. Other times when I've timed it, it was every 20 seconds, but its always at consistent intervals.

I was on 1.4.2 when it started happening. I updated to 1.4.3 and it didn't fix it.

I did a bit of troubleshooting already and have narrowed things down,

My music is stored on a Synology Nas on my home network. This was never a problem before, but it seems to be part of the problem now.

When I play a song that is located directly from my desktop, there is no skip
When I play a song located on the Synology using another program, like Windows Media, there is no skip

So, the issue is specific to the Synology and fb2k together.

I moved fb2k to the Synology as well and tried playing the song located on the Synology.. there is still a skip
I checked for any updates on the components
I've re-installed Windows 10

I've narrowed it down as much as I can. I don't know what to try next. It's driving me crazy

Please, any ideas? Is there a log I can check or something?

Thanks in advance!