Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cue Sheet with date per track (Read 2227 times) previous topic - next topic

Cue Sheet with date per track

I have ripped a compilation CD to one multitrack flac + cue sheet. Can I store the release years for each tracks in this cue sheet or only the release wear of the compilation album?

Reply #1
In terms of official fields, there is only one year for the entire disc. You can store anything you want within REM lines, but approximately zero players support reading metadata from there. The only solution where per-track dates are guaranteed to be available is if you append them to the individual TITLEs, but you might not like that style of formatting.

Reply #4
Oops! I had totally forgotten that’s one of the fields added in REM statements by EAC. Thanks for the correction.

Oligatory reminder that foobar2000 supports those and ReplayGain but is not willing to read any other arbitrary metadata attached to REM statements, which would go some way towards easing the number of grumbles from people who expect to be able to use cue-sheets as playlists.