Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools Database Incorrect Metadata and TOC (Read 503 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools Database Incorrect Metadata and TOC

Hello everyone,

I found a problem when trying to submit a record to musicbrainz after ripping my CD. This is what I ripped. Its CTDB TOCID is "aES_eXsAhcPG.66Qb1ET1u97XDI-". And its TOC is
Code: [Select]
TOC of the extracted CD

Track |   Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.37 |  4:04.53 |        37    |    18389  
        2  |  4:05.15 |  5:10.27 |     18390    |    41666  
        3  |  9:15.42 |  4:04.13 |     41667    |    59979  
        4  | 13:19.55 |  5:08.30 |     59980    |    83109  
After I submit the TOC to musicbrainz, I found out the TOC doesn't match. The link is:https://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/lutyt.FcrG8e8FVwduMo4YKwTqQ- and this is what I see in its website
Code: [Select]
CD TOC details
Full TOC: 1 4 83260 187 18540 41817 60130
Disc ID: lutyt.FcrG8e8FVwduMo4YKwTqQ-
FreeDB: 29045404
Total tracks: 4
Total length: 18:30
Track details:
Track Start Length End
Time Sectors Time Sectors Time Sectors
1 0:02 187 4:05 18353 4:07 18540
2 4:07 18540 5:10 23277 9:18 41817
3 9:18 41817 4:04 18313 13:22 60130
4 13:22 60130 5:08 23130 18:30 83260

Then I went to https://db.cue.tools/?tocid=aES_eXsAhcPG.66Qb1ET1u97XDI- to check if anything's wrong and the database shows me metadata from another album by another artist.
Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Thanks a lot

Re: CUETools Database Incorrect Metadata and TOC

Reply #1
MusicBtainz sync with the CTDB is currently broken. New updates to MusicBrainz are NOT being added to CTDB. (Sync will likely break again in about 60 days with the next MusicBrainz schema update.)
There's a ticket on the issue.
https://github.com/gchudov/db.cue.tools/issues/22

MusicBrainz TOC includes the 2-second lead-in (150 sectors). There are other differences how they display sectors.

The CTDB TOCID excludes track 1 pregap (37 sectors (187 sectors MusicBrainz) on your CD) or any data track length and only uses the audio track lengths for calculation.
It is possible for two different CD releases to have the same CTDB TOCID. Though rare it becomes more likely with a CD single or EP (which have fewer tracks). Of course the CTDB ID would be different.
korth

Reply #2
MusicBtainz sync with the CTDB is currently broken. New updates to MusicBrainz are NOT being added to CTDB. (Sync will likely break again in about 60 days with the next MusicBrainz schema update.)
There's a ticket on the issue.
https://github.com/gchudov/db.cue.tools/issues/22

MusicBrainz TOC includes the 2-second lead-in (150 sectors). There are other differences how they display sectors.

The CTDB TOCID excludes track 1 pregap (37 sectors (187 sectors MusicBrainz) on your CD) or any data track length and only uses the audio track lengths for calculation.
It is possible for two different CD releases to have the same CTDB TOCID. Though rare it becomes more likely with a CD single or EP (which have fewer tracks). Of course the CTDB ID would be different.
It looks like there's nothing I can do at this moment but this answers my questions. Thank you very much

Reply #3
Just to follow-up (it was difficult to see the database info on my phone).
Now that I'm back to my desktop, I checked the db and only one CD is included in the CTDB TOCID.
The other releases shown for metadata are fuzzy matches (CDs with similar track lengths) as no exact matches were found (in the stored metadata as per the last successful sync).
Whenever MusicBrainz sync is fixed, the new metadata you submitted will have higher relevance.
korth

Reply #4
Just to follow-up (it was difficult to see the database info on my phone).
Now that I'm back to my desktop, I checked the db and only one CD is included in the CTDB TOCID.
The other releases shown for metadata are fuzzy matches (CDs with similar track lengths) as no exact matches were found (in the stored metadata as per the last successful sync).
Whenever MusicBrainz sync is fixed, the new metadata you submitted will have higher relevance.
Thank you, hopefully that could be fixed soon