Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature Request/Feature Restoration - Load last location on app open (Read 926 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request/Feature Restoration - Load last location on app open

When Foobar v1.4 (I believe) was released, it broke access to audio on my phone's SD card. In trying to troubleshoot I uninstalled/reinstalled the Foobar mobile app. That resolved the storage access issue, but ever since then when I open the app it loads to the main Foobar menu, not to the last location that I had open. Prior to v1.4, if I swiped the app closed from an album menu, or whatever was playing last, it would load right back to that screen. Now when it loads it goes to the main menu, and I have to go to Music on External Storage ->Artist folder ->Album folder to either get back to where I was or wherever I want to get to.

I know that I can just swipe left to get to whatever was playing last, but if I want to get to another album or artist folder from there, pressing the phone back button or swiping right doesn't take me up a level in the folder hierarchy like it used to when app open would load to where I was last; instead back/swipe right dumps me back to the main menu, so I still have to press through multiple menus.

It's a minor thing but it was very convenient when this worked properly, and now it's just an annoyance. I was hoping that it would be corrected in a subsequent release, but it has been a while since v1.4. If there is a setting that I am missing that would resolve this I would appreciate that info (Settings ->Advanced ->Resume Playback is not a resolution). I am running Android 14. Thanks.

Re: Feature Request/Feature Restoration - Load last location on app open

Reply #1
Hi.
Check it out for yourself.

Standalone Android APK downloads
version 1.5 preview 2024-01-11
https://www.foobar2000.org/apk

Foobar2000 Mobile:Version 1.5 Preview Change Log
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000_Mobile:Version_1.5_Preview_Change_Log
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #2
I already loaded 1.5. Didn't fix it. Unless I am missing a setting somewhere....

Reply #3
Where is the version you are using listed?

There should be no special settings.
Copy to internal storage or replace SD Card.
Change the folder name to a different folder and make it Media Library.

Anyway, please TEST rebuilding the Media Library

Many users seem to be experiencing issues such as not loading Tracks or Skin files from the SD card.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #4
The version in the Settings ->About section is 1.5.0 preview 2024-01-11. I just tested with internal storage and I get the same result - if I close the app from the track that is playing, relaunching the app loads to the main menu, not to the track that was playing. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebuilt the library in previous builds without any resolution as well.

Reply #5
And if it matters I should mention that I am running this on a Samsung A53, which is running OneUI 6.0.

Reply #6
Users with the same symptoms have never seen a solution like this. In my case, the issue was resolved by updating foobar2000 mobile.
Please look forward to the update.

Reply #7
Any updates on this? No recent updates/preview releases have fixed this, and I am able to reproduce the issue on other Android devices...

Reply #8
My needs are the same as yours. I posted two posts, but it seems that I expressed myself incorrectly and no one understood.
Start the program and load it directly onto the playback page,
However, now it is time to load the main page or playlist page.

我和你的需求一样。发了2个帖子,好像我表达不对,没人看懂。
启动程序直接加载到播放页面,
但是,现在是加载主页面或播放列表页面。