Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9.5] Can't run installer on XP (Read 1921 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9.5] Can't run installer on XP

Since the new version does not work on W2K, i wanted to try it on my company laptop where i do not have admin rights. Trying to run installer a window appears that is asking me if i want to run it as the current user or as the admin. Of course my only choice is to run it under my own login.
Then there's a checkbox saying something about "securing the computer against unallowed actions of the application". When i untick the box, the window appears again and again so i can't move on with the installation. If i leave it ticked  the installer gives an "Error launching installer message".

The installer of 0.9.4 works without problems on this machine

[0.9.5] Can't run installer on XP

Reply #1
Already known as can been seen here here. Please read the relevant threads before posting bug reports, feature requests and the like.