Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: First Public Testing of AccurateRip (Read 14618 times) previous topic - next topic

First Public Testing of AccurateRip

Reply #50
Thats a good thing you do Spoon, it must be hard and a bit frustrating coding these applications for no financial gain,good on you.

edit: typo's caused by beer

Reply #51
Talking of drive offsets, I have got a guy with a PlexWriter 12/10/32A who has a verifiable offset of -481 samples (-1924 bytes). Although I am still investigating it (perfectionist  )

Reply #52
Update:

Now results are coming back one hiccup was found - that is one disc entered the database ripped with the wrong offset, I am still unsure why it happened, I suspect a CD drive threw a wobbler and was 1/4 of a CD sector out (it had ripped 100's correctly). Anyhow, such an entry could polute the database if others found their offsets of this disc. So the rules of the system have been changed to only recognise discs for offset detection with a Confidence of two or more. What this means is, the database will take longer to populate, so I am going to help it out a little.

Anyone who has more than 100 discs to add to accuraterip, I am willing to send out a CD (I have plenty of classical CDs I don't want), email me dbpoweramp@dbpoweramp.com

Reply #53
what about if we have a drive with very well-known offsets?  Like the Liteon 24102B 24x burner with a +12 read offset in EAC?  Are we able to just manually set the offset in dbpoweramp and start populating the database?  Or will it only populate from drives it calibrates itself?

Reply #54
Part of the test is to make sure the correct offset is found, that is half the battle of this system, so the more tests of that the better. If you have more than 100 discs I will send a CD on.