Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Add album covers to my whole music collection - automatically (Read 2811 times) previous topic - next topic

Add album covers to my whole music collection - automatically

I have a music folder with many subfolders and audio files in mp3 and flac along with some other files, like .log, .cue, .txt, .jpg..

Every album is in its own folder. I'm looking for an automatic way of adding a folder.jpg to every album folder.
It should connect to the internet and look for album cover images based mostly on the folder/file names. Not all files are properly tagged. It should then let me choose which images are ok. Preferably it should let me set certain size parameters (like 500x500) and be able to skip albums that already have a folder.jpg.
Does such a thing exist?

edit: I saw Album Art Downloader and I will check it out. But still, I'd like to hear from people who tried this and possible other programs.
edit3: nevermind..

Reply #1
You can easily tag your files using mp3tag, it has a filename -> tag option. If your files are correctly named but with bad tags this would help. I wouldn't do this automatically as seeing the results form various programs they're not always accurate so you'd have to check them all after it'd run anyways?

Reply #2
Album Art Downloader does what you want. It can automatically scan your folders and you can set parameter (like 500x500). You can tell it to choose the files itself or let you choose out of the results each time.

Reply #3
You can easily tag your files using mp3tag, it has a filename -> tag option. If your files are correctly named but with bad tags this would help. I wouldn't do this automatically as seeing the results form various programs they're not always accurate so you'd have to check them all after it'd run anyways?

Yeah, tagging has been on my to-do for a while, but I'm now using the "folder structure" view in Foobar, so it's not top priority anymore.

Album Art Downloader does what you want. It can automatically scan your folders and you can set parameter (like 500x500). You can tell it to choose the files itself or let you choose out of the results each time.

Awesome. I'll def give it a try.