Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: oggenc2 troubles with flac (Read 9805 times) previous topic - next topic

oggenc2 troubles with flac

Oke, I'm at a loss here.

When I try to encode a FLAC file I get

ERROR: Input file "test.flac" is not a supported format

When I decode the file using FLAC -d "test.flac" and encode it again with FLAC -6 "test.wav", oggenc2 suddenly accepts the FLAC file.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I tried figuring out if the current FLAC files are of a different version, but I checked my EAC settings and they point to the same version FLAC.EXE I am using in the example above.

So the only thing I can think of is that EAC's command line for FLAC is using a parameter that makes the FLAC result incompatible with oggenc2? Here's the commandline:

-6 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T comment="%e" -T "comment=EAC (Secure Mode)" %s

I would really hate to convert all the FLACs to WAV and recompress them with FLAC before converting them to Ogg. That would, uhm , well, suck  hehe ....

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #1
Forget about it.

I wrote a script to convert all flacs to wave and back to flac and then convert them to Ogg.

No idea what was wrong.

Reply #2
Maybe you set EAC option to add ID3v2 tags to FLAC files? I have no other ideas...

Reply #3
Definitely. Had the same trouble, OggEnc2 can't (refuses to) read flac files with ID3V2 tag (files headers start with "ID3") but only FLAC(FLAC) tagged - starting "fLaC". Remove the tag (or replace with older ver.) and you will be fine.

Reply #4
Also, why decompress to wav then compress back to flac again before encoding to Vorbis? Just decode to wav and then encode to Vorbis from that.