Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1346460 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1275
Component updated to v1.32 using s.pixogs.com for the art (thanks for the tip).
Let's hope that this workaround continues working...

foo_discogs

Reply #1276
Also, if anyone still has  "discogs error: connection error (release id=...)" for some releases, make sure to disable all the following:

- In Configuration > Tagging, disable "Enable Artist Name Variation Processing"
- in  Configuration > Album/Atist art, disable "Fetch" in the "Artist art" section
- in the tag mappings dialog, disable "Write tag" for all these tags: "Artist's aliases", "Artist's group", "Artist's name variation", "Artists'members", "Artist id", "Artist URLs", "Artist Real name", "Artist Profile". The "Default mappings" button will disable all these tags at once (and reset other tags to default values).

All of the items above trigger fetching info for artists, on which discogs servers intermittently timeout or refuse to serve the request.

foo_discogs

Reply #1277
Fetching art functionality seems fully restored, thanks for quick fix.

foo_discogs

Reply #1278
Yay, it works again. Awesome work, bubbleguuum!

foo_discogs

Reply #1281
Well, despite of all solutions it still can't retrieve data of Eric Clapton. Just installed clean, new foobar2000, without any other ad-ons than discogs and still nothing.
Its very frustrating. Seems that Clapton is "to big"

foo_discogs

Reply #1282
Well, despite of all solutions it still can't retrieve data of Eric Clapton. Just installed clean, new foobar2000, without any other ad-ons than discogs and still nothing.

That's a discogs problem returning an http timeout error for artists with huge discographies. Try to load this page on your web browser:
http://api.discogs.com/artist/Eric+Clapton...ses=1&f=xml

You can report it on discogs API forum if you wish although it has probably been already reported.

foo_discogs

Reply #1283

That's a discogs problem returning an http timeout error for artists with huge discographies. Try to load this page on your web browser:

You can report it on discogs API forum if you wish although it has probably been already reported.

The same problem with Michael Jackson and Elton John

foo_discogs

Reply #1284

Well. I know about time out problems but try to tag with discogs using f.e. mp3tag. Working like a charm.
Why? I think its because different way to achieve data. Discogs tagger try to fetch all data at once and I PREFERE this solution.
My proposal is to add some kind of option to switch search method in Discogs tagger when normal method failed: search by album name.
That's how it works in mp3tag and is much faster than I imagined.
Additionaly in Discogs tagger it may be added opiton to filter by artist name.

What I'm proposing is possibility to switch between 2 search metchods:
1st (original) - search by artist, filter by title  - I will repeat again: this is my favourite method
2nd (new) - search by album name, filter by artist name;

That's all folks!

P.S. Again. I'm very grateful for Discogs tagger. Best foobar plugin for me. I'm not complaining.
This is only my proposal/idea.

foo_discogs

Reply #1285
P.S. 2 This idea that I mentioned above, for adding 'search by album' option, can also be useful when searchin various artist releases like soundtracks etc.

foo_discogs

Reply #1286
Also, if anyone still has  "discogs error: connection error (release id=...)" for some releases, make sure to disable all the following:

- in  Configuration > Album/Atist art, disable "Fetch" in the "Artist art" section
- in the tag mappings dialog, disable ... "Artist id"...

This did also the trick for me with the connection issues. Now tagging for the large compilations is done in <1s
Of course, the sacrifice is no artist art at all. But it is worth it. Maybe one day there will be some solution for batch processing all library folders with artist art download.

Thanks for the input and the new version bubbleguuum.

I encourage everyone to tag the library as soon as possible until discogs finds new ways into generating more profit and thus limiting access to servers.
greetings
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

foo_discogs

Reply #1287
I was hoping that you would add Barcode and Other Identifiers retrieval. Is there a chance?

foo_discogs

Reply #1289
Can I use this to retrieve the discogs average rating of the release?

foo_discogs

Reply #1291
No-one else have this problem? Tracklisting still blank for me.

No. It isn't "no one". No one answers, because no one feel like write you to read this topic before you ask

And Yes. We have this problem too. Why? Read earlier posts if You want to know.

foo_discogs

Reply #1292
Hi sfman,

Thanks for replying! I have re-read through all the posts since discogs upgraded the Submissions Form 18 days ago (see: http://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/5303ca...17e0a69?page=1) and there is nothing I can see relating to Track Listings or Index Tracks.

Which posts in particular are you referring to? I've seen ones regarding releases not appearing in the Search box (which also causes a problem with Duke Ellington, even after following the advice here), but that's not an issue for me, as I just search for the release id on discogs.com instead.

Thanks,
Will

foo_discogs

Reply #1294
Hi sfman,

Thanks for replying! I have re-read through all the posts since discogs upgraded the Submissions Form 18 days ago (see: http://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/5303ca...17e0a69?page=1) and there is nothing I can see relating to Track Listings or Index Tracks.

Which posts in particular are you referring to? I've seen ones regarding releases not appearing in the Search box (which also causes a problem with Duke Ellington, even after following the advice here), but that's not an issue for me, as I just search for the release id on discogs.com instead.

Thanks,
Will

Sorry Will. My fault. Didn't read Your post carefully and assumed another problem than Yours.
So, sorry for my impatient answer. Wasn't about you asking. Just hope you won't be angry for me.
I don't know solution for your problem

foo_discogs

Reply #1295

- In Configuration > Tagging, disable "Enable Artist Name Variation Processing"
- in the tag mappings dialog, disable "Write tag" for all these tags: "Artist's aliases", "Artist's group", "Artist's name variation", "Artists'members", "Artist id", "Artist URLs", "Artist Real name", "Artist Profile". The "Default mappings" button will disable all these tags at once (and reset other tags to default values).

All of the items above trigger fetching info for artists, on which discogs servers intermittently timeout or refuse to serve the request.

Works fine for me but when I'm trying to use at least one of mentioned fields see error again
(I have tried only ANV or Artist Real Name one by one with no luck)
Any chance to get back those fields?
Tag update doesn't work for them as well((
While it is easy to bid artist ID's or URL's (and maybe some other) farewell
still ANV or Realname for me are crucial
(great to use quicksearch with realname for E.G.]

foo_discogs

Reply #1296
I'm using v.1.32 but have problems with any artists with extensive catalogs: e.g. David Bowie. The artist is found but no results return. I did see the note about it probably related to discogs API, but?

In addition, trying to get release by ID only returns error: e.g. discogs error: release id=r2039160: problem connecting to discogs.com.

I verified that the recommended settings in Post #1278 were correct.

?

foo_discogs

Reply #1297
Hello everyone and thanks to bubbleguuum for all the development over the years! Very much appreciated!

I have a question about the %FORMAT% field that gets written during the use of the plugin. When written, the result is usually two or more string values, comma-separated. I have read in this thread many times about people saying it should be semicolon-separated to be true multivalue field. While it would be nice to have the semicolon be default, it is not terribly hard or time-consuming to replace the comma with a semicolon, using Masstagger.

What I want to do is different. I would like to separate each of these values into new, separate field. If, after using the discogs tagger, %FORMAT% has a value of CD; Album; Limited Edition  I would like to move Album to a new field (%Release_Type%, for example) and move Limited Edition to a separate field (%EDITION%, for example). Then we can leave CD as the only value in the original %FORMAT% field (unless there is some reason that it should be moved to new distinct field, in which case the entire %FORMAT% field will be dissolved and can be removed).

You may wonder, why do I want to do this? Well, to make it easier to query or call upon just one specific piece of info. I think there are ways to call just the first or second or third value of a multivalue field, but A.) I am not advanced enough to know how to do that effectively, and B.) having these values separated just makes more sense to me, as they are distinct pieces of information, not multiple values of the same type (like multiple artists).

* Is there a way of writing this info into separate, pre-defined fields before/during writing with the discogs component?

** If not, what would be the most efficient way of separating this info into distinct fields?

*** Any other ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

foo_discogs

Reply #1298
Hello everyone and thanks to bubbleguuum for all the development over the years! Very much appreciated!

I have a question about the %FORMAT% field that gets written during the use of the plugin. When written, the result is usually two or more string values, comma-separated. I have read in this thread many times about people saying it should be semicolon-separated to be true multivalue field. While it would be nice to have the semicolon be default, it is not terribly hard or time-consuming to replace the comma with a semicolon, using Masstagger.

What I want to do is different. I would like to separate each of these values into new, separate field. If, after using the discogs tagger, %FORMAT% has a value of CD; Album; Limited Edition  I would like to move Album to a new field (%Release_Type%, for example) and move Limited Edition to a separate field (%EDITION%, for example). Then we can leave CD as the only value in the original %FORMAT% field (unless there is some reason that it should be moved to new distinct field, in which case the entire %FORMAT% field will be dissolved and can be removed).

You may wonder, why do I want to do this? Well, to make it easier to query or call upon just one specific piece of info. I think there are ways to call just the first or second or third value of a multivalue field, but A.) I am not advanced enough to know how to do that effectively, and B.) having these values separated just makes more sense to me, as they are distinct pieces of information, not multiple values of the same type (like multiple artists).

* Is there a way of writing this info into separate, pre-defined fields before/during writing with the discogs component?

** If not, what would be the most efficient way of separating this info into distinct fields?

*** Any other ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

$if(%FORMAT%,'['$meta(format,0)']')  will give me the first value, which discogs usually puts the medium info, i.e. CD/Vinyl/DVDA/etc.

So, i found that I can use this code to call on one of the semicolon-delimited values of the field, which is nice. However, I still would really love to know how I can split each of the values into their own unique field, since they are in fact distinct types of data IMO. So would still love to hear some suggestions about that.. surely there is a script or function that can do this..

foo_discogs

Reply #1299
My son likes this plugin a lot, but unfortunately Discogs apparently has decided that they do not like it. Our IP was banned by Discogs recently, so that we couldn't reach the site from home, and when I contacted Discogs the first thing the support guy said was, "Were you running any kind of tagging app, or album art app?".  I believe Discogs recently tightened-up their policies, especially about the art but it seems with any kind of tagging app also.  I'm still trying to get this straightened-out with the site's administrator.  It's a shame, since the plugin is so useful, and my son was only using it to tag music he bought from Discogs sellers anyway.  Has anybody else had similar issues with Discogs?