Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: maudio audiophile2496 sound card recording issue (Read 5076 times) previous topic - next topic

maudio audiophile2496 sound card recording issue

Dear Every One...
Hi every one i am a singer n i want to mixdown my vocals n the karaoke music track into one...
Recently bought up M Audio Audiophile 2496 4in4out Sound card and installed it to my Winxp pc...
The problem is when i play my karaoke mp3 on my pc i hear it through my speakers but i cant hear my mic i.e. my vocals...(here the setting is Wave out1/2) and when i switch to H/W IN 1/2 i only here my vocals and not the karaoke song which is being played on the pc....i m really worried with my new sound card.......Pls reply......

Is there any way tat i can play n here n record the same at the same time.... it wll b a great help if anyone solves my problem,...thanks in advance...

Samir wani
samirwani@yahoo.com

Reply #1
There's (probably) nothing wrong with your hardware...  It's a software configuration issue. 

What software are you using?
  I think your soundcard came with Ableton Live Lite, are you using that?  You might get better help on an Ableton forum.

Samir wani
s...@yahoo.com

FYI - It's generally a bad idea to post your email on a public forum (or anywhere on the Internet).  There are "bots" that scan for email addresses and add you to spam lists.    Plus, it's better to keep the discussion public so that others can benefit from the questions & answers.

Reply #2
Envy24 in this card does not offer output mixer. It features only output selector between input from AD convertor, input from SPDIF receiver, and  PCM output from the PC (playback).

Reply #3
Suitable setting should be done through M-Audio's Control Panel so, read the M-Audio 24/96 User guide.

Juha

Reply #4
The hardware mixer in the card most definitely does provide for monitoring the input and mixing it with the output. Both the M-Audio mixer and the recording application must be set correctly. You can record only the new input to a new track (normal) or you can record both the new input and the playback on the new track (not usually wanted).

On the mixer panel you must have the hardware input, the software output, and the master output active. You normally want the recording application record input set to the hardware input (not the mixer) and the software output set to the hardware output.

Reply #5
The hardware mixer in the card most definitely does provide for monitoring the input and mixing it with the output.

My fault, ICE1712 (Envy24) in audiophile 2496 does have an internal digital mixer http://alsa.cybermirror.org/manuals/icensemble/envy24.pdf page 73. The newer chip ICE1724 (Envy24HT) in later 192kHz Envy soundcards does not, only the output selector. I apologize for confusion.

Reply #6
thanks every one for the help....i wll b working on the suggestions all of u hv made... n wll post further queries if needed...thanks again...everyone is so helpful here...i love u all...

Reply #7
I'm not familiar with that particular sound card but all of the M-Audio cards I have worked with have a "Patch Bay/Router" window in the control software. It's very easy to get the problem your experiencing if the settings here aren't appropriate. If the Audiophile 2496 has this window it'd be worth spending some time with the manual to get your head round it

Reply #8
start > control panel > M-Audio Delta Audio

In "Patchbay / Router" (second tab) you want H/W Out 1/2 to be Monitor Mixer

In "Monitor Mixer" (first tab) you want to NOT mute and set maximum volume for all three of...
master volume
WavOut 1/2
H/W In 1/2

If you are using SPDIF instead of analogue for input or output, NOT mute and maximum those instead.

In your recording program, if you use H/W In 1/2 as source you will record just what is input to the soundcard (your vocal?), if you use Monitor Mixer as source you will record what you hear.

Beware of clipping (too loud levels). Stay out of the red. Reducing the levels in Monitor Mixer does not help - you need to reduce the input level before the card.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
David.
(I am also using the 2496 under WinXP)

Reply #9
Unfortunately, the appearance of the M-Audio Delta mixer varies not only by driver version but by which OS one is running it on. Particular controls, and how one accesses them, is not consistent. It all still works however.

Reply #10
start > control panel > M-Audio Delta Audio

In "Patchbay / Router" (second tab) you want H/W Out 1/2 to be Monitor Mixer

In "Monitor Mixer" (first tab) you want to NOT mute and set maximum volume for all three of...
master volume
WavOut 1/2
H/W In 1/2

If you are using SPDIF instead of analogue for input or output, NOT mute and maximum those instead.

In your recording program, if you use H/W In 1/2 as source you will record just what is input to the soundcard (your vocal?), if you use Monitor Mixer as source you will record what you hear.

Beware of clipping (too loud levels). Stay out of the red. Reducing the levels in Monitor Mixer does not help - you need to reduce the input level before the card.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
David.
(I am also using the 2496 under WinXP)

Hi David your mentioned settings worked just perfect n thanks to you...the issue was solved...thank you very much....