Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 780856 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #575
Is there a way I can see everything in my library that isn't in a playlist?

I can think of a couple of ways, and IMHO the easiest being use of database search component (http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?id=dbsearch&version=1.4)
With this component you can list all items in all of your playlists. Then you can use "text tools" component to copy the %path% of all this items, which will give you a list of all file paths from all of your playlists

This should be enough to automate, but I can give you further suggestions in case you need it

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #576
Is there a way I can see everything in my library that isn't in a playlist?

I can think of a couple of ways, and IMHO the easiest being use of database search component (http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?id=dbsearch&version=1.4)
With this component you can list all items in all of your playlists. Then you can use "text tools" component to copy the %path% of all this items, which will give you a list of all file paths from all of your playlists

This should be enough to automate, but I can give you further suggestions in case you need it

Hey, thanks heaps for the reply. Following your instructions I've now got a path list of everything in my playlists.

Code: [Select]
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\01 Time Away.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\02 Violence.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\03 On Oath.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\04 Science And Industry.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\05 No Surrender.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\06 How It Was.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\07 Damage.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\08 Faith In Strangers.mp3
F:\Music\Andy Stott\Albums\Faith in Strangers\09 Missing.mp3

And so on. I'm trying to figure out how to now move everything in this list to say "F:\Music2". Once I do that I'll delete everything that's left in my main "F:\Music" folder. Really appreciate your help.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #577
NP, glad to help. Instead %path% as "text tools" pattern, you could use:

robocopy "$directory_path(%path%)" "$replace($directory_path(%path%),F:\Music,F:\Music2)" "%filename%" /e /mov

Then save the result to file with extension "bat" and double click it or run it from command prompt.

Note that above will move only audio files. If you have additional files besides audio, try this pattern:

robocopy "$directory_path(%path%)" "$replace($directory_path(%path%),F:\Music,F:\Music2)" * /e /mov

and don't forget to tick on "Skip duplicate/repeating lines" in "text tools" advanced dialog.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #578
You are a legend! Thank you so much. I'm currently moving all the files now. Can't thank you enough.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #579
Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but I think I've found a bug in last version.

Suppose the following scenario, I have 3 panels with Genre, Artist, Album each one (default setup). Now I do the following:

1. I select Genre > Artist > Album and selected album is sent to a playlist named 'Library selection'.
2. I play a song from this playlist.
3. I select another Genre > Artist > Album. The current playlist is renamed to 'Library selection (playing)' and the 'Library selection' playlist is modified to reflect changes.
4. I play a song from the 'Library selection' playlist.
5. I go back to the previous playlist 'Library selection (playing)'.
6. I select the 'All' entry in the 3 columns and go back to 'Library selection'. Now the current (playing) song is no longer highlighted with the play icon. The double-click on status bar to jump to the current song does not work either.

I have checked the 2 options of 'Library viewer selection playlist' ('Enabled' and 'Activate when changed') in the 'Media Library' preferences page.

I don't know if this bug is already in the buglist or if this behavior is intended, but I think it's annoying. I also think that playlist names should be exchanged when user plays again a song from the 'Library selection' playlist (step 4).

Thanks and regards.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #580
Can anyone recreate this issue? I'm not absolutely sure if this problem is related to my configuration or not.

My current setup:
foobar2000 1.3.8
Current layout is Facets 1.0 with 3 panes (Genre, Artist, Album) and a playlist viewer in a playlist container.

Thanks again

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #581
http://i.imgur.com/mmhvIPF.png

I have a problem where Facets will display multiple copies of the album whenever I've tagged it with more than one genre. Is there a way to make Facets display the album as one copy and make the genre field able to display multiple genres on the same album? Hopefully you'll be able to understand what I mean by looking at the screenshot i uploaded.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #582
Good day to all!
How to configure the display of total albums artist.
Instead of the genre.

Thanx.
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #583
I have used facets since my first day in fb2k and now wonder if the following is possible:

I dj and use genres as some basic sorting, but also some #tags in the comments section to find tracks, so some track may be sorted in "House, Funky" and include some "#dancehall" content. Is there a chance to get all the "#foo"-tags and use them as a sorting parameter? Normally I would use a custom tag or simply tag two genres, but my dj software does not support that...

Hope you can help me out, thanks in advance

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #584
For some reason Multivalue fields do not work for me. What could be wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I can't undestand where the Facets getting pics for some artists. I do not have any in folders with music yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #585
it looks like you have used another tagging application and the genre tags are just single values. some have , and others have ; in them.you could try using the split values option in the properties dialog.

as for the album art, it could be hidden files in the current folder (use explorer folder options to see hidden/system files) or it could embedded in the files themselves.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #586
it looks like you have used another tagging application and the genre tags are just single values. some have , and others have ; in them.you could try using the split values option in the properties dialog.

Thank you for your help! You were right about this. I use Mp3Tag for tagging. And i just googled than i can use \\ as separator in mp3tag to make the field multivaluable.
The only question is how to make multivalue field in CUE file?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #587
as for the album art, it could be hidden files in the current folder (use explorer folder options to see hidden/system files) or it could embedded in the files themselves.

I don't find any hidden pics or pics tagged in files.
Is there any possibility that Facets somehow communicates with Biography View? Because it's always main photo from last.fm for all artists that have pics. And picture for Bjork changed yesterday without any help from me .

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #588
Another question. Is it possible to make Facets show right album length for unsplitted lossless albums? Now it just summariz lengths from cue and ape/flac files.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #589
I have not checked in here for a while. Is there a better alternative to Facets [something that is updated]?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #590
nope.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #592
why?
Just as likely it remains a stable addition that continues to provide functionality.
Is there some specific media library function you need that you can not achieve with the current version.?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #593
[I just finished getting my music collection back together - album art, etc.]
I just noticed one quirky thing. I have two albums: [2004] Greatest Hits in album view. One is Guns N Rose and the other is Neil Young. However, they are both displayed in the same view: [2004] Greatest Hits. i.e. 01. Down by the River and 01. Welcome to the Jungle and so on. IOW, one track by Neil Young and one track by Guns N Rose and so on. I don't remember this happening in the past? Is it just  because they share the same album name? And, if so, what can I do to distinguish them? If I access either of them via the Artist view, all is well.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, in the album view I described above with both artists being displayed together, there is NO album art displayed. But, I guess this is consistent anyway...

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #594
in your Album pane, right click the column headers and enable multiple columns. then add Artist and the albums should be split up. you can drag/drop to re-arrange column order and click to sort.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #595
in your Album pane, right click the column headers and enable multiple columns. then add Artist and the albums should be split up. you can drag/drop to re-arrange column order and click to sort.

Yes, thx for getting back so quickly! It worked perfectly. I forgot to mention that my iPod has the same "quirk". I don't know if you are familiar with foo_dop? Or, maybe this does not matter? Maybe there is some "known" way to fix this on iPod?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #596
I am attempting to add genre information to an artist panel. Since genre is not a statistic I made a custom column using the code at the bottom. My issue is that some artists have have different genres for different tracks, I was curious if there was a way to join the different genre values for one artist together into one string to display underneath the artist.

$ifequal($len(%GENRE%),0,'?',$replace($replace(%GENRE%,'; ','.'),', ','.'))

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #597
no that isn't possible as all tracks are evaluated individually and anything in the grouping settings that is different will split them. the only "solution" i can think of is a custom "artist genre" tag which you set for all tracks by the same artist with a single genre. that's pretty much the same principal as setting a common "album artist" on compilation albums with different artists.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #598
I had to reinstall FooBar and I am now installing the components. How do I "integrate" Facets into the UI? Right now, Facets appears as a "pop-up" window.

EDIT: Also, I have Facets display: Artist, Album, Tracks - left, middle, right panes respectively. How do I configure the Album pane to display one album at a time -- one above the other? i.e. Right now, it's displaying 3 albums across. I have the album front cover displaying with album title below

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #599
Let me rephrase:
How can I re-size album art in a Facets display? And, is this just the same as re-sizing in Foobar in general?