Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beats Per Minute (Read 1862 times) previous topic - next topic

Beats Per Minute

How can I add a heading for BPM? The data is readily available from Mixmeister or other sites. I just don't see a method for doing it.

Re: Beats Per Minute

Reply #1
By heading, do you mean a tag to an audio file? --- I'm not sure if there's a way to have Foobar write BPM data to a file's tags unless the tag information already existed in the source file.

Or are you trying to add a custom attribute to Foobar's GUI? --- If this is true, then try %BPM%, if that doesn't work, then try $meta(BPM)
-- Brought to you by the guy, alone in the corner, converting all his files to lossless formats...

Re: Beats Per Minute

Reply #2
   How can I add a heading for BPM? The data is readily available from Mixmeister or other sites. I just don't see a method for doing it.
You should specify your player, but I'm going to assume Foobar2000. There's a BPM analyzer and you can just add a column with %BPM% as Isaac says. I have all of my music analyzed and exposed that way; the analyzer is a bit idiosyncratic, but it has an easy double/half that takes care of almost all of the misdetections. You can easily add the field to the tag editor as well.