Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature requests: selectable ReplayGain algorithm, dither type (Read 1769 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature requests: selectable ReplayGain algorithm, dither type

First, I just want to say thanks for all the excellent work on the program, which I use every day.

Inspired by greynol, I installed the old foo_rgscan.dll file from fb2k 1.1.5 in order to try the original ReplayGain algorithm. I have only used it a short while so far, but I think I may already prefer it to the EBU R128 RG. However, I miss the newer features from the current RG component, like the oversample peak scan and advanced formatting results dialog.

So, would it possible to allow a user choice of which algorithm to use?

Similarly, I was wondering if a choice of dither method could be offered in the file converter. I would love if fb2k allowed a TPDF dither option in addition to the (I think) noise-shaped type it uses now.

Thanks for considering!