Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AudioCon gone bad (Read 2132 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AudioCon gone bad

Reply #1
What's there? I only get a broken page reloading itself in an infinite loop.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #2
Hmmm, not sure why link not working for you.
Here is site http://www.realhd-audio.com/
He caught some guerrilla peddler (like our pal Jakob2) bumping the volume during a magic cable demo...and got ejected from the Audiophile Society.  ;)
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #4
Yikes! That blog sounds terrible, but hardly surprising. Large swaths of this industry are rotten to the core and their products wouldn't even exist if it weren't for trade shows and shills promoting completely imaginary benefits.

Reply #5
The really sad thing about this story is that it is not surprising or unexpected. I know of no other interest where there is such a wilful refusal to consider rational, scientific or engineering based explanation or where the concept of objectivity is derided by many. I would like to think stories like this would cause people to question the snake oil and outright chicanery of large parts of the industry but those with an open mind are unlikely to need to be told this stuff while the hard core subjectivists will keep their heads in the sand and dismiss it as trolling from those lacking the golden ears and insight to know why spending $$$$$$$$$$$`s on snake oil is sensible.