Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting wav+cue to iso (Read 3330 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting wav+cue to iso

Hi all,

I have a complete CD mastered to WAV+CUE. I'm looking for suggestions for (Windows) software to convert this to an ISO image file *directly* without going via CDR. (The cue file contains Index-0s and the audio is continuous through the pasues so I don't want to break it up into individual track files.) Sonoris can't do this and I understand this is also just about the only thing Imgburn can't do either.

This should be trivial but has me vexed!

Mike

Re: Converting wav+cue to iso

Reply #1
IIRC it's not possible to create an ISO file from a CD-DA. So you cannot create an ISO file even via CD-R.

Reply #2
It's a common misconception that CD audio is similar to a data CD just because it's both on the same physical medium.

Reply #3
I remember CloneCD can do it (as well as I'm pretty sure all of the burning software) but directly from CDs, not sure you can "convert" wav+cue to iso.

Reply #4
IIRC CloneCD can copy AudioCD to BIN + CUE files, not to ISO.

Reply #5
I remember vaguely that there was software which could mount to virtual drive wav+cue, so you could do image with Nero, for example.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #6
An "iso" holds one track's worth of data, with some filesystem such as ISO 9660, but maybe another, and 2048 bytes per sector. With a music CD you have several tracks, with 2352 bytes per sector. I think the "bin" in a BIN+CUE arrangement is same as a WAV but without any headers, so there is not much difference between the two. Maybe OP needs a special disc image like a DDP, which Reaper can write.