Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: McGill U MQA study (Read 7710 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: McGill U MQA study

Reply #25
By the way, Lindberg/2L offer a "test bench" selection of 20 tracks for free download in various formats, including MQA stereo:
http://www.2l.no/hires/

The entire selection is 25.72 GiB for 143 files, it seems. For 20 tracks (counting that "A" and "R" as one track) of up to 10 formats.
What we need is a Listening Test. Only we going to need people with super hearing. ;D
I suppose people who buy some of them tracks must think they can hear a difference.

Re: McGill U MQA study

Reply #26
What we need is a Listening Test. Only we going to need people with super hearing. ;D
I suppose people who buy some of them tracks must think they can hear a difference.

I suppose some even can hear a difference ... if they have a multichannel sound system   :D

At least one can use these files to test whether
- an engineer does a better job than an automatic DSP at downmixing to stereo
- is MQA - with the parameters used - harmful?