Skip to main content
Topic: Raw PCM with no headers (Read 2993 times) previous topic - next topic

Raw PCM with no headers

Can I convert audio to raw PCM with no headers with foobar?

Re: Raw PCM with no headers

Reply #1
I don't think foobar itself will do this, but many decoders can output raw PCM, so you can probably configure the transcode tool to do it. 

Reply #2
I know it's possible to configure some encoder settings in foobar but I'm wondering is this possible

Reply #3
I need to get raw PCM files with .bin extension

Reply #4
I know it's possible to configure some encoder settings in foobar but I'm wondering is this possible

Not sure I understand your reply, so I'll just try explaining again.  I don't think foobar2000 can do this directly, but you can probably setup the converter tool to use an encoder that output raw PCM.  I'd look at sox or ffmpeg. 

Reply #5
Thank you. I know foobar can't do this by itself like almost everything but it's possible to do a lot of things by adding stuff and that is what makes it great.
I'm not expert at setting up the converter but I need this!

Reply #6
Can you point me to some instructions on how to use ffmpeg in general and with foobar?

Reply #7
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -formats | grep PCM
to view formats.

Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -f u16le -ar 44100 -ac 2 -i input.raw output.wav
to convert the raw input (as PCM unsigned 16-bit little-endian, 44100 Hz sampling rate, 2 channels) into a wav output file.

The default output format is pcm_s16le. Use the -acodec <format> switch to output in a different format, or -acodec copy to use the same on the output.
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #8
Audacity and GoldWave can both export 'RAW' PCM data.

If you know what you're doing, you can use a hex editor to strip the header out of a WAV file.

Reply #9
Great! Thank you. I don't know how I didn't see that audacity can do this. I'll use audacity for now but still it would be better and faster if I could use foobar for this but it seems to complicated for me unless somebody is willing to explain or point me somewhere I can learn.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018