Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to disable the local shortcut CTRL+F (Playlist Search) (Read 3354 times) previous topic - next topic

How to disable the local shortcut CTRL+F (Playlist Search)

Hi,
i installed a clean foobar2000 v1.2.4 on my Win7 (ger) and removed all the Shortcuts in the prefs (exept CTRL+P as beeing told by the Wiki) but i still can press CTRL+F and get the Playlist Search window.

Which is why i write here, because i don't want the Playlist Search poping up with that shortcut.

I created a shortcut SHIFT+CTRL+F and everytime i press SHIFT+CTRL+F the Playlist Search windows pops up in addition to my added binding.

How to disable that behaviour, so i can use my binding without having to close the Playlist Search window every time i press SHIFT+CTRL+F ?

cheers,

Reply #1
Edit your binding to some other combination of SHIFT+<SOME-OTHER-KEY>+F . . . . problem solved.
Any other questions?

Looking at this deeper . . . . I suppose foobar2000 should allow 3-key mappings to have precedence and have no influence over 2-key mappings, therefore it is possible to view this behaviour as a built-in flaw (bug?) which should be addressesd by foobar2000's developer.

Reply #2
Edit your binding to some other combination of SHIFT+<SOME-OTHER-KEY>+F . . . . problem solved.

No.
not solved, as no OTHER KEYS are available which do not cause other undesired behaviour. i.e. ALT+SHIFT will pull down the File Menu too.

Those are my used shortcuts:

Any other questions?

Yes.
Why is it, that with NO BINDING TO CTRL+F OR F3 the Playlist Window shows up, while pressing those keys?
The Wiki does not tell that those keys are special. instead, i had the impression, that the bindings are highly customizable.

(i read your Edit too late, sorry. It seems not to be possible to use the WIN Key as a Modifyer too.)

Reply #3
Do you use the Playlist View that comes with the Default User Interface? I can reproduce the described behaviour with the SimPlaylist UI element. Ctrl+F seems to be a hard-coded default at some level.

Reply #4
FWIW, changing ctrl+f to <whatever> doesn't invoke a search, neither on elplaylist viewer nor on the default one
also, setting ctrl+shift+f to <whatever> while having ctrl+f set to search, doesn't invoke a searcg

Reply #5
Do you use the Playlist View that comes with the Default User Interface? I can reproduce the described behaviour with the SimPlaylist UI element.

I did a clean install of foobar2000, changed nothing, but removing ALL the shortcuts exept CTRL+P. so i guess, the answer is yes. Never heard/read about SimPlaylist UI.
anyway, usually, i use Colums UI (if this is matters for the shortcuts... i don't know) and it shows the same problem.

Ctrl+F seems to be a hard-coded default at some level.
ok, looks that the wiki does not cover this and the keyboars-shortcut-preferences-screen neither.

thanks.

what can i do now to ask someone of the developers to change this behaviour either to: make CTRL+F / F3 not deletable in the preferences, or let the user override/change it, as expected via the foobar preferences screen ?

Reply #6
FWIW, changing ctrl+f to <whatever> doesn't invoke a search, neither on elplaylist viewer nor on the default one
also, setting ctrl+shift+f to <whatever> while having ctrl+f set to search, doesn't invoke a searcg

thats odd. (or not... i don't know...:-) )

how can we tell, whats wrong and which of us has things broken? (obviously me, because things won't work as configured...)

could it be a keyboard-driver problem? i use a logitech G15 under Win7.

Reply #7
hi,
problem continues on several computers, so its actually no kb-driver problem.

is it worthwhile to make a feature request, for having (the maybe) hardcoded shortcut inserted to the settings in the preferences (where it should be listet, imho) ?
so the user can delet it OR change it, if needed.

now, its someway a strange behaviour, i think.

Steps to Reproduce: How to disable the local shortcut CTRL+F (Playlist Search)

Reply #8
Hello,

I just want to bump this, because its still not working as expected and as @ruebe tells. (at least not here on Win7 64 on)

So, to reproduce, please follow this simple steps.

1) Install foobar2000_v1.4.1_beta_1.exe (or any other older version) in portable mode. choose FULL install.
2) Start foobar2000
3) Cancel or OK the upcoming "Quick Appearance Setup"
4) Press CTRL+P or go to Library->Configure->Keyboard Shortcuts and remove each and every bound shorcut and press OK.
5) Restart foobar
6) Press CTRL+F and the Playlist Search Window pops up.

Can anyone confirm this misbehaviour/bug?
(I consider it a bug, because NO shortcut is defined)

Hi,
i installed a clean foobar2000 v1.2.4 on my Win7 (ger) and removed all the Shortcuts in the prefs (exept CTRL+P as beeing told by the Wiki) but i still can press CTRL+F and get the Playlist Search window.

Which is why i write here, because i don't want the Playlist Search poping up with that shortcut.

I created a shortcut SHIFT+CTRL+F and everytime i press SHIFT+CTRL+F the Playlist Search windows pops up in addition to my added binding.

How to disable that behaviour, so i can use my binding without having to close the Playlist Search window every time i press SHIFT+CTRL+F ?

cheers,

Re: How to disable the local shortcut CTRL+F (Playlist Search)

Reply #9
Finally, this has been fixed in f2k 1.5betas :-)
Thank you!