Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Double questions: Disable autoplay and clear list on close? (Read 937 times) previous topic - next topic

Double questions: Disable autoplay and clear list on close?

How can I prevent foobar from starting play every time I throw files into it? I hate that. Looked everywhere in settings.
Is there a way to get foobar to auto-remove the files when I close it? Tedious having to select and remove them each time I start it again.

I also noticed after deleting a buggy track from both the list in foobar and also from the source folder, that foobar (when asking it to scan for replay gain) kept seeing the file anyway and giving me the same error it originally did, when it was there.
Why is it doing this? Where is it storing this old data? Bloody stupid. Had to reboot my PC to clear it. This is even after clearing everything, and dragging the original folder, sans file, into foobar. It was still pretending it was in there. Goofy.
Thanks. :)

Re: Double questions: Disable autoplay and clear list on close?

Reply #1
Hi there,

How can I prevent foobar from starting play every time I throw files into it? I hate that. Looked everywhere in settings.

Depends, how are you throwing files into it? And which UI (Default or Columns) / library viewer are you using? (They all have their own settings...)

Is there a way to get foobar to auto-remove the files when I close it? Tedious having to select and remove them each time I start it again.

If you use 'Send to current...' in whatever library viewer settings, it replaces the current playlist anyway, so perhaps there is no need to remove them that way.

However, you can possibly clear the playlist on startup by editing the shortcut command line -

Code: [Select]
foobar2000.exe /command:Clear

I also noticed after deleting a buggy track from both the list in foobar and also from the source folder, that foobar (when asking it to scan for replay gain) kept seeing the file anyway and giving me the same error it originally did, when it was there. Why is it doing this? Where is it storing this old data? Bloody stupid.

Not sure about these happenings, maybe a temporary glitch. If foobar says it is 'Monitoring' the music folder (in Preferences > Media Library) it should bloody well keep tracks up-to-date. ;)

(I'm a kiwi so this is not swearing, shut up...)

Cheers