Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No communication on CD info/titles, YAD or freedb. Can't read. Can't submit.  (Read 568 times) previous topic - next topic

No communication on CD info/titles, YAD or freedb. Can't read. Can't submit.

Ripped dozens and dozens of CDs in JRiver over the years. No CDs are recognized anymore, and when I fill the track titles in by hand and then hit Rip, I'm told that it was impossible to submit the info to the database. So, no read;no write.

I'm using MC 29.0.87 64 bit on Win764bit. I stopped upgrading licenses, because I understood that MC 30.anything broke on Windows 7. Could there be a license-check when I go to retrieve/"submit" disc info? I'd gladly re-up on the license,  if it will get me CD database access, but I'm pretty sure I can't allow the system to go past SW version MC 29 on Win7. 

(I know MC is  not falling back to freedb as advertised, because I use another product which checks freedb first, and I get successful population every time.)

Re: No communication on CD info/titles, YAD or freedb. Can't read. Can't submit.

Reply #1
freedb was shut down years ago.