Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatic Album Art Retrieval (Read 3439 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatic Album Art Retrieval

Hi (First Post  )

I've been using foobar for quite a while now, but I have noticed that it is missing a component to automatically download and tag album art. Is there a technical reason for this?

I would like to know whether it is possible to create such a component before attempting something that might either be impossible or impractical. I have programming experience but I have never coded anything related to fb2k. Also, do you think that other people would actually use such a component if I created one?

Thanks in advance.

PS: My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section, or if this question has already been asked. (I did do a quick search though.)

Reply #1
Is there nobody who can help me with this? 

By the way, where can I find the forum rules?

Reply #2
Scroll / Look up:
terms of service = rules.

Bumping is frowned upon, by the way. Been posted less than a day.
The paid staff left on a world cruise. Have not been seen in years.
terry

Reply #3
Scroll / Look up:
terms of service = rules.

Bumping is frowned upon, by the way. Been posted less than a day.
The paid staff left on a world cruise. Have not been seen in years.
terry

Thank you for the reply.
I will not bump again.

I will do some research on this topic when I have more time, I did hope for a little more help though.

Reply #4
The ToS are linked during account registration, and new users have to check a box to confirm/pretend they've read them before finalising a new account.

I don't know if there's a dedicated component, but seem to recall people using foo_run in combination with external programs, e.g. Album Art Downloader XUI. There are probably other ways to automate it, too.

I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be possible to create such a component. Have you had a look at the foobar2000 SDK? Since this question comes up fairly often, I'm sure it would get some use if you were to author it.

Reply #5
The ToS are linked during account registration, and new users have to check a box to confirm/pretend they've read them before finalising a new account.

I don't know if there's a dedicated component, but seem to recall people using foo_run in combination with external programs, e.g. Album Art Downloader XUI. There are probably other ways to automate it, too.

I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be possible to create such a component. Have you had a look at the foobar2000 SDK? Since this question comes up fairly often, I'm sure it would get some use if you were to author it.

Hehe, I thought those ToS was just the usual "bla bla" 

I have read about the foo_run combination, I was just wondering if a single component wouldn't make matters easier and less resource intensive.

I will have a look at the SDK soon, it just seemed strange that no one else has done something similar yet, so I wondered if it supported all the necessary functions.

Thanks for the reply