Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_cwb_hooks (Read 297980 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #425
Sorry to see you go, unfortunately I think you are absolutely right. Many thanks for all your efforts to date, they have allowed me to make foobar do what I need it to.

I think many current users will be wandering off to alternatives over the next few months and open source seems very attractive!

Thanks again.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #426
Yeah, I'd like to thank Peter for 9.4 (best audio player to date IMO) and cwbowron for help making it so.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #427
a pity that they can't work together 

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #428
Maybe is not the place for asking but how to get info (via formating string) about the size of the file on disc in Kb or Mb?

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #429
It's not the place yes, but here you go:
Code: [Select]
$if(%filesize%,
$ifgreater(%filesize%,1048575,
$div(%filesize%,1048576).
$left($num($muldiv($mod(%filesize%,1048576),100,1048576),2),2) MB,
$ifgreater(%filesize%,1023,
$div(%filesize%,1024).$left($num($muldiv($mod(%filesize%,1024),100,1024),2),2) KB,
%_filesize% B)))

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #430
I refuse to upgrade past 9.5.2 until this gets updated!  Greatest component ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderation edit: removed needlessly oversized text.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #431
Since the component developer has announced his intentions to stop developing, it looks like you'll be refusing things for a VERY long time.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #432
I refuse to upgrade past 9.5.2 until this gets updated!
This component can't be updated due to changes in the foobar2000 core.

I have a question that I hope someone can solve for me. I'd like an instance of foobar2000 0.9.5.2 that allows autoplaylists and this component to be able to create an autoplaylist based on directory content. More specifically, I want an autoplaylist containing all my albums that has no cover "front.jpg" present in %directory_name%. Unfortunately I failed trying to create this - Maybe it's not possible at all?

I'm not using this as my primary foobar2000 instance, but it will help me alot converting my lossless albums to lossy for import in itunes that gets me nice covers.

Edit: It doesn't necessarily have to be an autoplaylist - Something with playlist tree or anything else would do fine.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #433
Since the component developer has announced his intentions to stop developing, it looks like you'll be refusing things for a VERY long time.

So be it!  It should be part of the core.  I'm sticking with XP for the time being, too. 

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #434
I have a question that I hope someone can solve for me. I'd like an instance of foobar2000 0.9.5.2 that allows autoplaylists and this component to be able to create an autoplaylist based on directory content. More specifically, I want an autoplaylist containing all my albums that has no cover "front.jpg" present in %directory_name%. Unfortunately I failed trying to create this - Maybe it's not possible at all?

perhaps not a foobar solution, but a solution:

you will need python to run this script

Code: [Select]
import os
fd = open("nofront.m3u", "w") #open destination playlist
for dirs in os.listdir("."): #list curent directory
    if not os.path.isfile(dirs + "/front.jpg"): #look for font.jpg
        for files in os.listdir(dirs): #list files in the directory
            if files[-3:] == "mp3" or files[-3:] == "wav":  #look for mp3 and wav
                fd.write(dirs + "/" + files + "\r\n") #write to the playlist
fd.close() #close playlist file

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #435
another possibility would be:
Masstagger -> Forma value from other fields ->
Destination field name: ALBUM_ART
Formatting pattern: $if($fileexists($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)\front.jpg),Yes,No)

and then an Autoplaylist:
%album_art% IS "No"

but you have to rerun the masstager for all new files or add it to the new files tagger menu

another question:
is there a replacement for %cwb_systemdate% cause cbw_hooks is outdated?

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #436
another question:
is there a replacement for %cwb_systemdate% cause cbw_hooks is outdated?

No, and Peter's indicated that there are various technical reasons (which I am not presently awake enough to find a link to) why there won't be.

As of 9.5.3, you can execute search queries (and thus create autoplaylists) based off a relationship between a date field and the current date, though, for example, %last_played% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS. Also, I'm pretty sure that Columns UI also has some ability to make the system date available in the playlist view, at least.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #437
ahh ok thank you! i didnt know this :-)

thats great and its enough for me to dont need %cwb_systemdate% but what about the new files tagger - is there an replacement for the nft?

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #438
I don't believe so, no. Quick Tagger (I believe it's on the official components page) does some of what that did, but not everything. However, the New File Tagger *should* still work; you'll get the incompatible component warning for cwb_hooks, of course, but I don't think any of the features of the New File Tagger are affected by that incompatibility. (I don't use it myself though, so I could well be wrong.)

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #439
Can I please request a "$cwb_removethe2" that will only remove the "The" and not the "A".
Cheers.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #440
as far as I know this component is discontinued, so your request won't do much

use regular titleformat for that:

$stripprefix(x) - Removes A and The prefixes from x.
$stripprefix(x,prefix1,prefix2,...) - Removes the specified prefixes from x.
$swapprefix(x) - Moves A and The prefixes to the end of x.
$swapprefix(x,prefix1,prefix2,...) - Moves the specified prefixes to the end of x

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #441
Can I please ask for these to be added? It would be really handy!

Displayed Track
Automatic (%_Automatic%)
Playing item (%_NowPlaying%)
Active playlist item (%_SelectedItem%)
(Like in Columns UI 'Artwork view')

These would be really handy to refer to. Or is there already a way to do this that I'm missing?

Sorry, just read above post...

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #442
just as it does me too

I thought it was great for text-expressive tools selected as cover with the following command:

Selected Song's:
<p align="right"> $ cwb_hms (% cwb_selection_duration%) </ div>

really a pity and therefore I am stopped on foobar 0.9.5.2